MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Tony Ferguson getting overlooked in an interim title fight is obviously a joke, but it's the UFC, who don't really give a f**k about sporting merit if it helps to sell PPVs, and McGregor/Cerrone will do that. 

If you're willing to watch UFC, you need to be willing to accept that they don't give a toss about the better fighters getting shots. They only care about getting the biggest stars the biggest fights possible. Even if it means giving repeat drug cheats chance after chance.

What a disaster that is with Whittaker getting injured. Fairly disappointed.

At least we still have Silva Adesanya.

As for Cowboy McGregor for a belt, there is 0% chance that happens. Dana knows Ferguson is the boy, Khabib Ferguson has to be next!! We've waited years on that fight! Cancelled 3 times ffs, I'd be raging if that's not next.

As for Bellator, great that it's finally on sky in future, I'll actually watch it now.
Just had 20quid on that Geordie shore tube to get beat. Only seen him spark some random shite guy so think he's probably been overrated.

Ryan Scope was a guy I remember thinking was a definite future ufc fighter back in the day! Hadn't even heard of him in years and he pops up in a main event!

Also Bungard fighting, surprised hes such a big underdog but havn't seen much of him, hope he can pull off the upset. There's a decent wee video of him on YouTube leading up to this fight.

Cage Warriors tonight at 9pm on FreeSports - great that there's  a LIVE free broadcast of MMA in the UK rather than Bellators attempt of a replay 2 days later.

Anyone else watching?

From what I understand the card is pretty decent. It's also in Liverpool.

https://www.sherdog.com/events/CW-101-Cage-Warriors-101-72721

Well that was disappointing. Kongo probably could have battered Minakov if he'd actually went for it at any point. He gets the decision anyway so he's now the #1 contender to Ryan Bader. There's no doubt in my mind that prime Ryan Bader destroys everybody in his path in Bellator at both LHW & HW.

Time for Cro Cop!