MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Seems like although TJ looked like death during his cut to 125 he made it fairly comfortably and actually came in under the limit. What I found interesting was Joe Benavidez had to make 125 (usaually a 1lb allowance for non-title fights) for his fight against Ortiz as he was on stand by if any main event fighters had to pull out meaning he could have fought TJ had Cejudo had to withdraw for any reason. Former friends and teamates who trained together at both Alpha Male and Elevation.

5 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

There was already talk that UFC wanted to put on a Cerrone/McGregor fight and now McGregor is making noises about it after that fight.

Would be a spectacular fight. Hope it happens but no doubt they'll end up feeding Cowboy someone like Iaquinta.

Cerrone is a beast at 155, should never have went up to 170. Got to be Cowboy McGregor next!

Gillespie needs a top 5/10 guy next, Kevin Lee, Iaquinta or Makachev I reckon, someone who can stuff some takedowns basically.

Not sure what to make of Hardy, looked a beast that 1st minute or so, then looked like he was going to get finished on the ground, I felt that he was going to get the win before the knee. Maybe a rematch next

Jojo is a much better fighter these days, amazing what a bit of wrestling does for the confidence. Hope she gets the chance to fight PVZ who looked shit despite the win.

Had a feeling the weight cut would be too much for TJ and that's what probably done him tbf. Cejudo looks amazing these days. Stoppage was fine for me.