MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Extended concourse brawl footage!
Tho Oirish got rekt by about ten thic thugs, shocking performance. That w****r in the cream shirt, ooft.

That’s almost as bad as the Falkirk station dance off from the Irish fans.

Well, that was...something.
Good card overall.
What a monster Derrick Lewis is. He looked down and out but that kind of one punch kill power can never be counted out. The slow motion footage of that blow is scary as f**k.
Delighted for my boy Tony Ferguson. An absolute whirlwind of cardio, pressure and unpredictability. To have undergone such brutal knee surgery only 6 MONTHS earlier and put in a performance like that is pretty amazing. Loved the emotion after the fight too. Hopefully he can fight for the title soon.
As for the main event, I've never been so happy for one fighter to beat another, especially in that dominant a manner. Would have been perfect if Khabib had just kept his emotions in check and not let himself down, but that's easy for me to say. Would love to know what Dillon Danis said to him to make him react in that matter. Danis is a fucking bellend but I can't excuse the reaction. As for Khabib's team mates, that is unacceptable and they will never fight in the UFC again, and deservedly so.
I realise I'm probably in the minority with this opinion, but I hope this is the beginning of the end of McGregor in the UFC. He's a good to great fighter, but I find the surrounding circus around him cringe worthy and at times, unpleasant. I blame the UFC for a lot of it, encouraging his behaviour. I understand it from a business point of view, but it's not for me. I like fights and fighters. Technique and skill. Heart and determination. Overcoming adversity. Not WWE style promotions and talk of terrorists, racism, religion and 'beef'. And whiskey. Fucking whiskey.

Aye its a shame for Ferguson and Pettis that everyone is talking about two grown men behaving like arseholes rather than the display of skill and heart those two put on. Mental in all the right ways. That last round was mental. Shame for Pettis too for it to end on his stool but what a fight.

All the hate for khabib and his team, if you watch it back it was McGregor who hit his uncle first. Don't know why khabib jumped into the crowd. Glad to see McGregor being exposed for a mediocre fighter, cant stand him.
Mediocre [emoji23]

I'm no fan of McGregor but away ye go.

Khabib can make anyone look like a mediocre fighter to be fair. The guy is an absolute monster. I reckon he could do that to most at 170 as well. Woodley might give him a good go in the wrestling, that would be fun to see. 
Aye i may be a little bit harsh as khabib is very very gifted. Just meaning McGregor is hyped more because of his marketability rather than his ability as a fighter, in all the years ive watched him he's onky ever been a good striker but his arrogance made him believe he could beat Mayweather in a boxing match and beat khabib after a 2 year break, glad hes had a reality check.

Aye i may be a little bit harsh as khabib is very very gifted. Just meaning McGregor is hyped more because of his marketability rather than his ability as a fighter, in all the years ive watched him he's onky ever been a good striker but his arrogance made him believe he could beat Mayweather in a boxing match and beat khabib after a 2 year break, glad hes had a reality check.
Dont think for one second he believed he could beat Mayweather in a boxing ring. I think him and Floyd seen the potential for serious money and agreed to work together to get it. Thats why Floyd carried him in the fight too.

Dont think for one second he believed he could beat Mayweather in a boxing ring. I think him and Floyd seen the potential for serious money and agreed to work together to get it. Thats why Floyd carried him in the fight too.
I honestly think he did mate, i mean it was a total joke but i bought it lol. He's done exceptional but the level of arrogance has put me off him massively. I used to like him not now.

Just now, quickoverayard said:
7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I honestly think he did mate, i mean it was a total joke but i bought it lol. He's done exceptional but the level of arrogance has put me off him massively. I used to like him not now.

There is no doubt he is arrogant, but he is also not stupid. He is a professional fighter and knows the score. Only a stupid person could think that a non-boxer could succeed in beating a guy who many elite level boxer had not only failed to beat, but could barely hit. 

I said to the wife that Connor didn’t look confident during his ringwalk. Don’t know if anyone else noticed
Yup i said to the wife the exact same he looked drained also. The little success he hand standing up looked very very weak. Got desperate with the knees and holding the cage. To be fair tho hes coined it in so good on him

There is no doubt he is arrogant, but he is also not stupid. He is a professional fighter and knows the score. Only a stupid person could think that a non-boxer could succeed in beating a guy who many elite level boxer had not only failed to beat, but could barely hit. 
Aye very true mate but i honestly think he fancied his chances. Thats whats put me off him but he is very gracious in defeat i will give him that.

5 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Why should he have looked confident?

Khabib is a monster, as he showed last night. If McGregor has any sense, he would have known that.

Makes me laugh how McGregor fanboys were lining up to say how Khabib had never fought anyone of note in the UFC and how he went 5 rounds with Iaquinta. He dominated Iaquinta on the feet and on the ground, as he also did last night. Khabib has never lost a round in the UFC.

Bit of this tbh. Lastnight doesn't make Connor any less of a fighter. It's like saying Manny Pac is shit because Floyd beat him. McGregor is a very, very good MMA fighter. Khabib is special. One of those type of fighters where only the availability of top opponents and his own willingness to fight on will prevent him from racking as many top wins as he wants.