MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Just now, Principal Flutie said:

They brought up the knee and the other stuff at the time. If they brought that up during that brawl, it'd have been fucking pathetic.

I'm not suggesting that was the spark, just pointing out the illegal knee before someone corrects me.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Tensions that high after a fight could result in some seriously ugly scenes tonight tbf. UFC need to take some of the blame. They love Conors shite to sell fights. They let it go too far though.

Exactly its's gone too far. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Tensions that high after a fight could result in some seriously ugly scenes tonight tbf. UFC need to take some of the blame. They love Conors shite to sell fights. They let it go too far though.

They take a huge share of the blame purely for the bus incident and their way of dealing with it, which was basically not to do so. They made that sort of scummy behaviour acceptable. UFC might strip him of the belt because that's a fairly easy thing to do and he'd just win it back anyways. Khabib knows he'll get away fairly well out of this.

Thing is the fight will be forgotten. Khabib was even better than I thought, stood in front of McGregor not worried at all about his punch power. If anything Khabib was hurting Conor more with the punches than vice versa. They can go again but Khabib is far too good.

1 minute ago, WFAANW said:

What happened to kick it all off m8s?!!!

Khabib won then jumped the fence into the crowd and started fighting, then one of his mates got in the ring and had a cheap shot at McGregor...I think that is what happened. Started a riot. 

3 minutes ago, Stevieda said:

Thing is the fight will be forgotten. Khabib was even better than I thought, stood in front of McGregor not worried at all about his punch power. If anything Khabib was hurting Conor more with the punches than vice versa. They can go again but Khabib is far too good.

I thought not getting the finish until the 4th round was quite meh from Khabib against a Conor who has looked zero fucks unfocussed from the first press conference. Conor mostly did really well on the ground to stay in it against a beast like Khabib.

They can't base their promotion on the bus incident then be surprised when something like this happens.

I thought not getting the finish until the 4th round was quite meh from Khabib against a Conor who has looked zero fucks unfocussed from the first press conference. Conor mostly did really well on the ground to stay in it against a beast like Khabib.
Yeah there was something missing from him. Even when he appeared for the ring walk with big beard and hair, sounds daft, but looked like he wasn't 100% in it. Probably got at least £30m tonight and maybe his heart has gone. Fair play to him for coming back after 2 years and taking that fight though and every other fight.

If they dont strip and Khabib defends his title it's gonna have to be in Russia cos he isn't getting back to Vegas any time soon.