MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

14 minutes ago, banana said:

Who you got?

Missed that man sorry.

I had a small (ish) bet on McGregor in the 4th. I actually see the first round being pretty cagey. For all the talk, both these guys know how dangerous the other is.  I think Khabib will probably dominate rounds 2 and 3 and then I can see Conor getting a bit of a second wind in round 4 and realising he's gotta knock him out. 

I mean... It could be a domination either way but Conor kept on mentioning 'war' and 'going to war' in the build up. My guess is he's taken note of the fact he's quit when facing trouble before and will be more determined this time.  So... I thought 22/1 for him in the 4th was worth a punt.

It could last ten seconds or Khabib could literally maul him and change his life permanently. The stakes are so high and it's a monumentally difficult fight to call. But, that's what's so exciting.

5 minutes ago, BradHorse said:

Missed that man sorry.

I had a small (ish) bet on McGregor in the 4th. I actually see the first round being pretty cagey. For all the talk, both these guys know how dangerous the other is.  I think Khabib will probably dominate rounds 2 and 3 and then I can see Conor getting a bit of a second wind in round 4 and realising he's gotta knock him out. 

I mean... It could be a domination either way but Conor kept on mentioning 'war' and 'going to war' in the build up. My guess is he's taken note of the fact he's quit when facing trouble before and will be more determined this time.  So... I thought 22/1 for him in the 4th was worth a punt.

It could last ten seconds or Khabib could literally maul him and change his life permanently. The stakes are so high and it's a monumentally difficult fight to call. But, that's what's so exciting.

Yeah, I'm not convinced this is as simple as  1st/2nd Conor win, otherwise Khabib win. There was some pretty mad odds on Betfair yesterday on Conor winning in rounds 3, 4, 5.  Something like 9, 12, and 25/1. Almost daft not to put a bet on all three rounds at those prices.