MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

17 minutes ago, banana said:

Tell you what, Conor has his Jekyll and Hyde down immensely. Crackin interview this, compare to the press conference.

Can't disagree with the majority of what he said, especially on the weight cut front, and it's maybe just me, but he seemed pretty tense and distracted. Lots of looking in to the distance, lots of fidgeting with his trousers, scratching, rolling his shoulders, etc.

Probably just the last part of the cut putting him in a bad mood or something, but didn't look that comfortable considering it was for his own channel.

27 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Can't disagree with the majority of what he said, especially on the weight cut front, and it's maybe just me, but he seemed pretty tense and distracted. Lots of looking in to the distance, lots of fidgeting with his trousers, scratching, rolling his shoulders, etc.

Probably just the last part of the cut putting him in a bad mood or something, but didn't look that comfortable considering it was for his own channel.

Hmmm, maybe. He just looks raring to go after a session imo. Hardest part of the cut still days away.

Then again, that was hyperloony stuff last week, so who knows.

Not sure if anyone else has drawn this comparison but the whole McGregor-Khabib fight reminds me somewhat of Rocky 3.

Champion gets caught up in his own hype, taking on an 'exhibition' fight whilst his opponent continues to bulldoze his way through the competition.

Hopefully John Kavanagh doesn't croak it in the dressing room.

18 hours ago, Armand 2 said:

Not sure if anyone else has drawn this comparison but the whole McGregor-Khabib fight reminds me somewhat of Rocky 3.

Champion gets caught up in his own hype, taking on an 'exhibition' fight whilst his opponent continues to bulldoze his way through the competition.

Hopefully John Kavanagh doesn't croak it in the dressing room.

So Floyd is Thunderlips? Reported for racism m8

Would've been better if there was some crossover, but McGregor was on good form. Seems clear he's in Khabib's head now.

Predictions, lads?

McGregor > Khabib (T/KO 2nd round)

- Conor beats him up fairly routinely.

Ferguson > Pettis (Submission 2nd round)

- Ferguson too big and tough, Pettis still not back to his peak Eye of the Tiger state.

Reyes > Saint Preux (T/KO 1st round)

- Guy on the way up beats guy on the way down.

Volkov > Lewis (Decision)

- Hardest fight to call, Lewis looks like he's got into much better shape. Volkov to wear him down to bluntness.

Herrig > Waterson (Decision)

- Herrig looks fucking ripped.

Edited by banana

Okay, I'll play along.

Khabib > McGregor (T/KO)

Khabib will drag Conor to the mat and give him a severe beating. Herb Dean will let him suffer a little bit extra for the banter before eventually stopping it after he can no longer defend himself.

Ferguson > Pettis (Decision)

Well, I can see this going the distance with Ferguson outworking Pettis. Pettis should be too savvy in the scramble and from his back not to get caught in Tony's submission game. Both pretty flashy in their stand-up as well so anything could happen there tbh.

OSP > Reyes (Submission)

Big fan of both and Reyes' time will come, but thou shall not pass the gatekeeper. I imagine Reyes may rock OSP briefly but expect him to recover, clinch up and find a crafty submission. Don't think Reyes possesses the sort of power that Manuwa & Latifi had that rocked OSP's world.

Volkov > Lewis (T/KO)

Despite the fact Derrick Lewis does look in better condition than usual, Volkov has more tools at his disposal. He picked apart Werdum, so you'd think this will be no problem for the big Russian. I'd still think Lewis is vulnerable to the body, which Mark Hunt absolutely took advantage of. Volkov should use his range effectively, especially front kicks to wear him down.

Herrig > Waterson (Submission)

Felice Herrig has put together a well rounded game as of late. I'd expect her to also be stronger than the karate hottie. Waterson has been vulnerable to chokes, assuming Herrig is able to bully her and take her down, I think she'll work her way into a RNC victory.

“It’s closing in on fight time, you just lock yourself in that sauna you smelly Dagestani rat!” McGregor screamed when he finally showed up around 3:30, his opponent long gone.

“My heart is black towards this man, towards his team, towards his people. I don’t give a f**k about him or his people there’s way deeper shit than just a fight on Saturday night.

“I don’t really care about his mentality. I do not give a f**k. I’m ruthless here. I’m here to put a hole in this man’s skull.”

McGregor is the racist idiot we deserve.

Edited by Detournement

Khabib-Mcgregor: Been back and forth with predictions on this. It really is a fascinating fight. Think I’m going to plump for Mcgregor to spark him in round 2.

Ferguson-Pettis: Let’s see how Ferguson has recovered from his injury, of which he returned from in double quick time. Ferguson TKO for me.

OSP-Reyes: Gonna go Reyes, OSP seems a little bit of spent force. Knock out

Volkov-Lewis: I love big Derrick Lewis, unfortunately i think he gets ground down and loses by decision.

Herrig-Waterson: No idea. Herrig knock out win.

Edited by Londonwell

16 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Anyone watch the press conference? Shambles.

The Dana and Conor love in is cringe worthy as f**k.

Watched it aye.

Didn’t quite go as planned to say the least. Think Khabib made the smartest move he could in not waiting around for Mcgregor. He was never going to win a war of words anyway, and Mcgregor  would have used everyone waiting for him in his own favour.

Hopefully Khabib makes weight fine and we have a great fight to look forward to.

Edited by Londonwell