MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Just now, Fisherman said:
3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:
Is it just me or is the sound absolutely fucked on this?

They're playing crowd noise when there's swearing.

Considering the last guy clearly said "Blowing out my arse", they're not doing that great a job!

9 hours ago, gy diamond said:

Michael Bisping has officially retired from MMA. Guy has had a great career and is the best British mixed martial artist ever in my opinion.

Aye it's not even up for debate really. He was a perennial top contender... almost the archetype 'gatekeeper'. Won TUF. Beat Anderson. Won the belt... he basically overachieved for his skillset. And that's not to say that he's not skilled, it's just that he was a step below the proper elite... yet still achieved all that he did through his mindset.

Also a bunch of the guys that beat him are proven drug cheaters.

The guy was a bit of a c**t, but all in all you gotta say fair fucking play really.

I was there when Bisping's UFC career really took off against Elvis Sinosic at UFC 70. But I was also there when he controversially won a split decision against Matt Hamill - and displayed some of the most ungracious, unsportsmanlike behaviour I'd seen.

From there, I was never a fan and particularly enjoyed the Hendo fight but there's no disputing his quality as a fighter. He's grown on me slightly in recent years especially with his stance against PED's and I can't deny smiling when he won the belt.

On an altogether different point, I would love to see Michael Page fight someone other than a tomato can because I think he gets fried. I don't think he wants anything to do with Daley and neither do Bellator. As big a fight as it would be, it would end their earning potential off the back of Page as Daley knocks him out, in my opinion.