THE BOSS!

DomDom

Just got three tickets for Hampden - guess that's Christmas sorted! :lol:

Last time he was at Hampden I was in the seating section. I never really knew any of his stuff but my parents are massive fans of his and my Dad got a great deal for the seating through BT. I only knew a handful of the songs but bloody hell, what an experience! As others have alluded to, the price may seem a bit steep but it is so worth it in the end: for a man of 60 years old, he can put on a great show. One of my favourite musicians now, I reckon I've probably got near enough all of his studio albums now and I literally can't wait for this. :D

I got a free ticket the day before to see him last time he played and it was excellent. I see a lot of people say "he's a great showman for his age" but the 'for his age' suffix is just insulting. I've never seen anyone give their all as much as The Boss does and especially for so long.

Thunder Road is a great song live but I really, really hope that he plays Badlands! biggrin.gif

This site is also quite cool and informs you that Badlands is his 4th(634) most popular choice of song on tour whilst Thunder Road is 3rd(709). Born to Run and The Promised Land take number 1 and 2.

Bit of a surprise about The Promised Land, never realised it was quite so popular. A song I hold dear, mind you.

Just noticed that the Glasgow gig lands on the 2nd anniversary of the Big Man's death

Bloody hell, so it is! There's sure to be something about that.

• 4 months later...

Bump!

There's a Bruce Springsteen tribute band on in Maggie Mays in Glasgow on the 15th of June (three days before Bruce comes to Glasgow himself). Should be a good night and it'll certainly get you right up for the real thing. Not like I need much to get me excited, I've literally been counting down the days since it was announced he was coming to Glasgow (56 days as of now).

Only problem is the town will be heaving with folk going to the Stone Roses. Don't have anything against the band personally, but the certainly seem to attract a higher proportion of absolute fuds than any other group I know.

maggies-theRising13a-682x1024.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bump!

There's a Bruce Springsteen tribute band on in Maggie Mays in Glasgow on the 15th of June (three days before Bruce comes to Glasgow himself). Should be a good night and it'll certainly get you right up for the real thing. Not like I need much to get me excited, I've literally been counting down the days since it was announced he was coming to Glasgow (56 days as of now).

Only problem is the town will be heaving with folk going to the Stone Roses. Don't have anything against the band personally, but the certainly seem to attract a higher proportion of absolute fuds than any other group I know.

maggies-theRising13a-682x1024.jpg

I'll be at both gigs.

I was at Roses at Heaton Park too and crowd was fine.

Oasis crowds are 100 times worse. As are take that.

Most folk will be nowhere near Maggie Mays at time tribute is on. Gates open 4pm and support is excellent.

I'll be at both gigs.

I was at Roses at Heaton Park too and crowd was fine.

Oasis crowds are 100 times worse. As are take that.

Most folk will be nowhere near Maggie Mays at time tribute is on. Gates open 4pm and support is excellent.

Who is the support?

I've got two spare tickets if anyone wants them - PM me. Cost price.

Right, I'm getting worried about the ticket situation now. Has anyone else NOT got theirs? Most people seem to have theirs. My mate got mine through royalties with his bank so I don't know which company they used. Better be here this week or I'll be a wreck.

Not dece

Right, I'm getting worried about the ticket situation now. Has anyone else NOT got theirs? Most people seem to have theirs. My mate got mine through royalties with his bank so I don't know which company they used. Better be here this week or I'll be a wreck.

Not dece

My mates still waiting on ours. He got an e mail a couple of days ago to say that he'd receive them no later than 5 days prior to gig.

Sent from my HTC One X using Pie & Bovril mobile app