THE BOSS!

DomDom

This better be a guarantee! tongue.gif

And looking at Ticket Master, Coventry and Wembley both seem to be £69 for standing whilst sitting prices go as low as £55(at Wembley). I assume that Hampden will be very similar?

Should have worked, still managing to get on and get tickets now.

Got mine too. It's more than worth it.

Hope so.

I said to myself a month or so back that the next time Springsteen was playing in the UK or Ireland I'd get flights etc sorted (if he wasn't playing in Scotland) just to see him so I suppose paying £75 ain't bad considering there's no travel/accommodation to sort on top of that.

Edited by Denji

Hope so.

I said to myself a month or so back that the next time Springsteen was playing in the UK or Ireland I'd get flights etc sorted (if he wasn't playing in Scotland) just to see him so I suppose paying £75 ain't bad considering there's no travel/accommodation to sort on top of that.

£75 for a normal gig is different but Springsteen starts at the time he says he will then keeps going for at least 3 or sometimes even 4 hours. No support acts and a completely different set list every night. He is massively underrated IMO.

Very pleasing news. Hampden last time was incredible!

That was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. I'd waited over 20 years to see him & it was worth the wait. The emotion eventually got to me during the instrumental section at the end of Thunder Road.

Can't fúcking wait for this one.

That was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. I'd waited over 20 years to see him & it was worth the wait. The emotion eventually got to me during the instrumental section at the end of Thunder Road.

Can't fúcking wait for this one.

My favourite song of all time. I'd pay the £75 for that alone. Alas, I can't get mine until after Christmas so I'm hoping to God I don't miss out.

Hope so.

This

\/

£75 for a normal gig is different but Springsteen starts at the time he says he will then keeps going for at least 3 or sometimes even 4 hours. No support acts and a completely different set list every night. He is massively underrated IMO.

Honestly, Denji, you'll come out the gig thinking you got a bargain. It's just relentless song after song for three hours non-stop with maximum showmanship.

The different set-list is possible partly because the E Street Band are so well drilled. The crowd down the front have banners with song titles on them & Bruce collects them in from the stage then selects a few at random, turns to the band and says "This one" then they launch into it. It makes every gig different. A great memory of this from last time was a wonderful rendition of Incident on 57th Street.

The centre of Glasgow was buzzing after the gig so I'd recommend taking the following day off work.

Everyone on here who've seen him can vouch for the fact you will be at one of the greatest gigs you'll ever see. ;)

Edited by The Idiot Bástard Son

My favourite song of all time. I'd pay the £75 for that alone. Alas, I can't get mine until after Christmas so I'm hoping to God I don't miss out.

It's certainly an all-time favourite of mine. If it comes on the radio I actually gasp then stop what I'm doing to sing along. Some of the best lines ever in a song.

"Roy Orbison's singing for the lonely,

Hey that's me & I want you only"

"It's a town full of losers & I'm pulling out of here to win"

and the best:-

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night,

You ain't a beauty but, hey, you're alright"

It's certainly an all-time favourite of mine. If it comes on the radio I actually gasp then stop what I'm doing to sing along. Some of the best lines ever in a song.

"Roy Orbison's singing for the lonely,

Hey that's me & I want you only"

"It's a town full of losers & I'm pulling out of here to win"

and the best:-

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night,

You ain't a beauty but, hey, you're alright"

:D

I thought it was just me that did this!

I've listened to the whole album countless times over the years, know every lyric, every drum beat - but that's listening to it when I choose. When Thunder Road comes on the radio, unexpected, it's like a wee surprise. You can't help but sing along, the song still sounds fresh - and it'll be without doubt the best song you hear that day.

Should have worked, still managing to get on and get tickets now.

I got one just fine! biggrin.gif

Now I need to hope that my friend still sticks to his end of the deal and gets one. If not though then I have no qualms about going myself!

Thunder Road is a great song live but I really, really hope that he plays Badlands! biggrin.gif

This site is also quite cool and informs you that Badlands is his 4th(634) most popular choice of song on tour whilst Thunder Road is 3rd(709). Born to Run and The Promised Land take number 1 and 2.

Edited by Sooky

For anyone who is interested, take a wee look at the the fantastic Springsteen Wiki site, called Brucebase. Packed with gig reviews, some of which are now near 40 years old, plus the standard full details of all his albums including lyrics etc.

Brucebase