THE BOSS!

DomDom

I actually have never seen a show like that before. I was never big on Bruce Springsteen up until tonight, yet probably the Best gig I have ever been to.

Had to laugh at the guy with the slayer shirt on sticking his tongue out and making the rock on sign/ metal sign on the big screen during the Jazziest part of the show :lol:

I need I'm on fire. I need it.

:D

6th time I've seen him and he never disappoints. Im on fire followed by tougher than the rest was a highlight. Land of hope and dreams was amazing. The acoustic thunder road at the end just topped it off perfectly. Absolutely brilliant.

Every time I see him I wonder if it will be the last but he doesn't look like slowing down anytime soon!!

I was offered a ticket last minute and, having never seen him live before, can't say I'd go back. I was utterly shattered after watching him perform and I don't think I could go through it again!

Magic performance that left me drained just watching it so I've no idea how exhausted he must have been. Quite incredible to think he's 63.

I felt somewhat guilty as I didn't know most of the songs but I enjoyed every single one. Hugely enjoyable show.

Very Impressive show by The Boss and Well worth the £35.00 I got for two seated tickets and Finishing the night on the Park thanks to future brother in law who was working at Event ..

Erm thought I would have known more of his songs which did make the night a bit long but if your seriously into him it must be pure bliss to attend a gig for that amount of time, Non Stop and No Support Band

Final word : I'm sure those two women and the young lad who got up in stage wont forget either the night either and rumour is all 3 and Scott96 are still bawling their eyes out think Gazza90 :thumsup2;)

Edited by shawfield shed boy

It was just as good as the last time he was here. It really is amazing that so far into a tour they can get up there for 3 and a half hours and genuinely look as though they are have an absolute ball. I think that must be the reason that no 2 shows are the same to keep the fun there for them.

It's funny to think that I came away totally buzzing, but at the same time didn't hear loads of songs that I would say are my favourite Boss tracks.

I can't run about like him and I'm only 34!

Amazing stuff. I saw him in Sunderland last year and he was good, but f**k me he tore the roof off last night. The final third of the gig in particular was absolutely top drawer stuff. Got to hear a lot of my favourite lesser played songs, and the mass disco that accompanied Twist and Shout/Shout was absolutely brilliant. If I have half the energy that man has at 63 I'll be doing well. Further proof if proof were needed that Bruce and The Band are the best pound for pound live act to be found just about anywhere.

An absolutely tremendous gig, surely the best live act in the world.. ever:-) . I've been lucky enough to see Bruce 9 times prior to Tuesdays concert and each and every time I've felt the same - that I've just witnessed the best rock band at their peak. The first time was at Newcastle on the BITUSA tour and I can remember the newspaper the next day claiming it to be 'the greatest show on earth'. At the time I had only heard a handful of albums and came away agreeing and completely hooked. I was also pissed off that I had only cottoned on to him near (what I thought at the time) was the end of his career! How wrong was I. My dream is to somehow see him play in NYC but to be honest I'll just be happy to see him again.

He opened up Coventry with a solo acoustic version of The ghost of Tom Joad and then played Two Hearts.. Seeds, all of Born to Run album in memory of James Galdofini who died earlier today. Completely great sounding set list.. But hey they all are. Still on a high after seeing the Glasgow show.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

First time I saw him was at St James Park, Newcastle in 1985. Been to every tour in the UK since - last year at The Etihad in Manchester was fantastic, but Tuesday at Hampden was the best I've ever seen him play. Stunning, just stunning.

Still can't believe the run of gigs I went to over a four week period - Rush at the SECC, Elvis Costello at the Festival Hall on Sunday, then two days later, Bruce at Hampden.

All played long sets, all were utterly brilliant. I'm booked into hospital next week to have the grin surgically removed from my face.

The gig got a really terrible review on ticketmaster. Nothing to do with Bruce who is awesome, but the sound quality was supposedly terrible.

Not having a go at Bruce who is a hero, but was this true?

The sound during the opening number at Hampden was ropey - until they got the balance between all the instruments sorted. After that, it was good - and bloody loud. I had no complaints about the sound, once the opener was done and dusted.

The gig got a really terrible review on ticketmaster. Nothing to do with Bruce who is awesome, but the sound quality was supposedly terrible.

Not having a go at Bruce who is a hero, but was this true?

The reviews are from 2009 I think.

I was at the one back then. I can't remember giving a f**k, but I was drunk, so who knows?

One thing about that though. I've seen pics from this one, and is it just me, or was this gig more full? There was noticeable chunks of seating free last time, but this time it looks close to sold out.

The sound was Ok at the start, a bit echoey as if it was bouncing of the stadium. As it went on it improved and I never thought much about it again.... but I'm blinkered:-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

i was in the East Stand up the back having near enough a sideview of the stage and the sound coming from the stage side speakers and stand speaker sounded a bit distorted if I'm being honest, obviously through no fault of the band and probably more down to the acoustics in the stadium itself. It never spoiled the performance for me though which was tremendous.

I know a lot of reviews on Ticketmaster from the 09 were terrible because of the sound quality. Are you sure you're in the right decade? :P

I was a bit too drunk on Tuesday and I'm a bit angry at myself - I can't remember Atlantic City, Johnny 99, Murder Incorporated and Open All Night. Such a fanny :(.

I do hope this isn't the last tour with the E Street Band but I can't see them going on much longer. They certainly looked like they were enjoying themselves on Tuesday, in fairness, but they aren't getting any younger and we've already lost two. Praying that I get to see them again at least once before they call it a day.

i was in the East Stand up the back having near enough a sideview of the stage and the sound coming from the stage side speakers and stand speaker sounded a bit distorted if I'm being honest, obviously through no fault of the band and probably more down to the acoustics in the stadium itself. It never spoiled the performance for me though which was tremendous.

Been to several gigs at Hampden and the sound is always pish! Standing in the middle of the crowd I could clearly hear the echos bouncing about. It got slightly better as the gig went on, but stadium gigs just can't compare to proper gigging venues. It was the same story when I saw him at the Etihad last year. You just can't fit 50,000 punters into the O2 academy or even the SECC though, so we'll only ever see him in stadium venues. You're right about it still being a brilliant show :)

http://brucespringsteen.net/shows/06-20-13-coventry-england

Coventry got the whole of 'Born To Run' last night. Very, very envious. Would of loved to have heard 'Backstreets' and 'Jungleland'.