Peep Show

nelsjfc

Just completed a whole start to finish of this on Netflix. Outstanding although last series is still a bit unnessary.

Few pages back someone said the burglary episode was shit and the lassie was a cow. Correct and she keeps the book. Bitch. That said, Big Sooz "Is it Aids?" ended me.

Just completed a whole start to finish of this on Netflix. Outstanding although last series is still a bit unnessary.
Few pages back someone said the burglary episode was shit and the lassie was a cow. Correct and she keeps the book. Bitch. That said, Big Sooz "Is it Aids?" ended me.
I tend to skip that episode now. I don't know what it is about it but the robbery scenes make me feel really uneasy.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

I tend to skip that episode now. I don't know what it is about it but the robbery scenes make me feel really uneasy.

T'was I who was talking about it I think.  The burglary episode in series 5 and 'Nether Zone' in series 7 are unwatchable for me.  Just really poor episodes that don't progress the story of any characters.  I hate disaster episodes and Nether Zone is one, where the characters need to get somewhere but always come up against obstacles.

The burglary episode I can sometimes tolerate, depends what kind of mood I'm in. Series 5 is quite poor overall IMO.

I actually love series 9.  The Mark/April/Angus story is done pretty well.  

I like Netherzone, locking your main characters up and forcing them to talk shit for half an hour is usually good comedy. Like "Marooned" in Red Dwarf and, err..., all the episodes in Porridge. (Going Straight wasn't as good was it? Defence rests).

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

T'was I who was talking about it I think.  The burglary episode in series 5 and 'Nether Zone' in series 7 are unwatchable for me.  Just really poor episodes that don't progress the story of any characters.  I hate disaster episodes and Nether Zone is one, where the characters need to get somewhere but always come up against obstacles.
The burglary episode I can sometimes tolerate, depends what kind of mood I'm in. Series 5 is quite poor overall IMO.
I actually love series 9.  The Mark/April/Angus story is done pretty well.  
The dinner party episode from season 9 is a cracker.

22 hours ago, The OP said:

The episode with the horrible Australian woman 'Saz' is probably my least favourite and most skippable. I think that was series 5. 

Yep, a really poor series overall IMO.

Did a full rewatch lately and found I liked series nine a lot more than I remembered. Series five might be the worst and, as suggested, not too keen on the Aussie episode. Mark rarely gets to "win", but that just seemed unnecessarily cruel.

Still the odd great line such as "Have you given her a time limit? Cos when you chucked me out, no time limit, and here I still am".

Jeremy’s Mummy and Jeremy’s Manger are both very good episodes. Season 5 really does hit Mark hard, starting after his disaster at the wedding, failing to meet “the one” in every episode and then ending with him impregnating Sophie.

Jeremy’s Mummy and Jeremy’s Manger are both very good episodes. Season 5 really does hit Mark hard, starting after his disaster at the wedding, failing to meet “the one” in every episode and then ending with him impregnating Sophie.
That impregnation scene boils my piss every single time. Get yer legs down ya cow. I really despise Sophie in the show to a scary level. I think a lot of it is to do with Olivier Coleman's face.

Despite Mark being a pretty dreadful person, I still feel sorry for him when Jeremy breaks the news to him that he is actually the father of Sophie's baby. 
That's my favourite episode. Maybe the sadist in me but for Mark to go from jubilation to despair so quickly cracks me up.

24 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's my favourite episode. Maybe the sadist in me but for Mark to go from jubilation to despair so quickly cracks me up.

They're obviously both bad people, but I do sort of occasionally end up rooting for Mark in a way that I never do for Jeremy. I can't quite put my finger on why that is. Maybe because I see some of myself in Mark - although hopefully not too much. 

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 hours ago, Enigma said:

That impregnation scene boils my piss every single time. Get yer legs down ya cow. I really despise Sophie in the show to a scary level. I think a lot of it is to do with Olivier Coleman's face.

It does contain the brilliant 'it's like lending someone a fiver...' line though, which I always loved.