Peep Show

nelsjfc

Stolen from the Still Game thread a while ago, but best episode from each series? 

For me (although subject to change):

1 - Mark Makes A Friend
2 - Jeremy Makes It 
3 - Jurying 
4 - Holiday
5 - Jeremy's Mummy
6 - Jeremy at JLB
7 - Seasonal Beatings
8 - Jeremy Therapised
9 - Gregory's Beard

Obviously, there's no such thing as a 'bad' Peep Show episode (apart from Nether Zone), but all of the best episodes in S6-9 are not as strong as the best episodes in S1-5. 

Nether Zone gets pass marks for the pizza scene alone. Mark screaming when he jumps out the window and the fact he is doing his own wee thing while Jez is being interrogated about why he's there is also amusing.

Actually, it's not that I find it a "bad" episode as such, but I just find the entrapment element deeply frustrating - and, to be honest, I've never been able to really understand why this is. I'd have also liked the Mark/Jeff/Ian (Sr.) dynamic to be explored further - I think there was potential for some really good moments. 

There is almost certainly objectively poorer episodes, though (Quantocking II comes to mind as an episode which isn't particularly well written and where they are clearly running short on ideas by the end of S8). 

Series 1 - The Interview

Series 2 - Local Hero 

Series 3 - Quantocking

Series 4 - Holiday

Series 5 - Spin War

Series 6 - Das Boot

Series 7 - Seasonal Beatings

Series 8 - Chairman Mark

Series 9 - Kid Farm

I've no idea why the site insists on adding double-spacing or how to turn it off, sorry. 

Series 1 - The Interview - when Jez starts pyramid selling in the middle of his interview it has me in stitches. 

Series 2 - Jeremy Makes it - three more beers for the three musketeers ohhhhhh ahhhhh

Series 3 - Jurying - Mark's views on the drugged up maniacs are eerily representative of my own :lol:

Series 4 - Holiday - ohhhh you might get an interdenominational...y'know...a hangover of that, er nature.

Series 5 - Jeremy's Mummy - I'm not picking a scene or quote here, it's just ridiculous 

Series 6 - Jeremy at JLB - chance'd be a fine thing, a fine thing indeed!

Series 7 - Seasonal beatings (but I would give a shout out to the Netherzone. The concept is of course absolutely ridiculous, but the entire episode being in one place basically, plus some of Jez's lines - "so let me get this straight, you would rape me but you couldn't make love to me? that is SO you"

Series 8 - Jeremy Therapised - the curry bit in their flat :lol:

Series 9 - Gregory's Beard - Jez's speech alone 

Jesus, this'll be tough but. I'll do my best, and that's all anyone can really ask for!

Series 1 - On the Pull.  The bowling scenes are great.  And of course we hear 'Flagpole Sitta' which would become the show's theme in Series 2, for the first time.

Series 2 - University Challenge. I love Peter Capaldi so that was an easy one for me.

Series 3 - Shrooming.  One of the best episodes IMO.  Where Mark has the shits and Jez has the shroom party.  Super Hans breaks the door was Mark has to shit and everyone comes to watch.

Series 4 - Gym.  Jez's fake shock when he and Nancy find Eva trapped in the flotation tank always gets me.  The weights just placed on the handle :lol:.

Series 5 - Jeremy's Mummy.  'Mummy! Coffee! Fucky hurry uppy!.  And of course them finding the war gun.

Series 6 - Das Boot.  Another great episode IMO.  Mark trying to drive a pregnant Sophie to the hospital is fantastic.

Series 7 - Seasonal Beatings.  A fantastic episode from the first line to the last.  My favourite Peep Show episode.  So many great lines.

Series 8 - The Love bunker.  'Susan Doyle! Boyle!.  And of course, a great performance from Matt King as Super Hans during the paint balling.

Series 9 - Kid farm.  A pissed Sophie sliding into the ball pool is the best scene of the series.

As far as best individual episode goes, I'd have to go for Jeremy Makes It - for my money, it's the best episode from the best series.

Daryl is an outstanding one-off character, and it's such a quotable/memeable episode: four naans, "that crack is really moreish", Mark and Daryl in the uniforms, Daryl's restaurant racism, Clarkson, the sausage, Crunchy Nut, Gog's kebab demands, the broken-voiced "fucking Nazi" at the end. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I really despise Dobby’s boyfriend/ex-boyfriend Simon, so much so that when the actor appears on other unrelated programmes I hate him on all of those too. He’s not amusing or well-drawn like Jeff, he’s just a supercilious, sleekit twat.

I've decided The Test is my favourite episode. So many moments. The boiler, Jeremy lying to Mark about him being the dad and resulting meltdown and Mark's scream when he touches the bell [emoji23]

59 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've decided The Test is my favourite episode. So many moments. The boiler, Jeremy lying to Mark about him being the dad and resulting meltdown and Mark's scream when he touches the bell emoji23.png

Sophie says it's too hot in here! So I was right. I win. Shove that up your bollocks!

17 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Well, it is to the shitmunchers, but I'm actually a friend of the British Museum. 

Watched that episode last night on my current watch through.