Peep Show

nelsjfc

Pal has put up an ambiant synth ep hes done on Spotify (did I do that right, did I sound cool? shakes head, exhales deeply😑) , it's good, anyway.... 

Forwarded it to another friend and finished text with " just thought you might get a kick out of it"

One minute later hes sent a pic of the Orgazoid on his deck chair with " take five man, have a swim"

Got me thinking that my age and peer group, we go heavy on the film and tv quotes.  Reckon if you got about 5 or 6 of us together for a full day, we could speak probably about 80 percent in Partridge, Peep, Reeves+Mortimer, Office, Curb etc, prob more when firing in lines from songs.

I fucking love it but the amount of times someone will say something and I just cant help replying in a quote from Spaced, Brass Eye, Thick Of It etc, sometimes it feels like a curse.  Sometimes I feel like taking it back, taking them all back.

Anybody else suffer this infliction?

Edited by HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows

• 2 weeks later...
Pal has put up an ambiant synth ep hes done on Spotify (did I do that right, did I sound cool? shakes head, exhales deeply[emoji58]) , it's good, anyway.... 
Forwarded it to another friend and finished text with " just thought you might get a kick out of it"
One minute later hes sent a pic of the Orgazoid on his deck chair with " take five man, have a swim"
Got me thinking that my age and peer group, we go heavy on the film and tv quotes.  Reckon if you got about 5 or 6 of us together for a full day, we could speak probably about 80 percent in Partridge, Peep, Reeves+Mortimer, Office, Curb etc, prob more when firing in lines from songs.
I fucking love it but the amount of times someone will say something and I just cant help replying in a quote from Spaced, Brass Eye, Thick Of It etc, sometimes it feels like a curse.  Sometimes I feel like taking it back, taking them all back.
Anybody else suffer this infliction?
Me and my brother. If we're in a room and someone says something that can be linked to a quote then we're all over it. We're always throwing quotes back and forth when he comes down the road. It's got so bad that I'll continue to do the quote thing when he's away and then have a giggle. My family will sit there looking clueless and say "you're brother isn't here now" as they know he'd get the gag.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...