Oh it makes me feel like singing the blues

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

This thread title is the stupidest one on P&B

The weirdest part is that the Jambo who created the thread is singing the blues when he should be happy.

I get that Jambos wouldn't think things through and they'd miss the obvious fact that this thread would just turn into incessant mockery whenever Hibs win and Hearts lose, but they failed even to get the premise of the thread right in the first place.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 18/01/2023 at 22:23, Elixir said:

Hi, lads. As I said many weeks ago, it is a proverbial stroll to third. There wasn't even any point in us sticking our passports back in the drawer. Have a pleasant evening.

Screenshot-20230118-220008-Live-Score.jp

vVoNVx.gif

A38FBB2A-BB4F-448B-B041-995FAA22E606.png.23fb0bce9d640724de42bc4f0a67b175.png.137721e4701900003114873c0da16591.png

Edited by Crawford Bridge

1 hour ago, StellarHibee said:

I hear the Hearts were singing for the blues yet again before and after the game yesterday. Shameless.

An orange away strip would be a big seller with the hillbilly element of their support. 

They are missing a trick. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

See, this song makes no sense.  Surely you’d feel like singing the blues if your own team lost and your rivals won?

I can’t speak for the majority, but I believe we are referring to the ‘blues’ in its wider definition as 12-bar guitar music. Occasionally morose, but usually upbeat. Think of Buddy Guy plucking away at his polkadot Stratocaster, inviting Obama up on stage to deliver the chorus of Sweet Home Chicago, and you’ll have a reasonable insight into the Hibees on those rare occasions when we win and Hearts lose. 

Hearts are more like Coldplay, with Trump guest starring on the kazoo. 

Edited by The Other Foot

10 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

I can’t speak for the majority, but I believe we are referring to the ‘blues’ in its wider definition as 12-bar guitar music. Occasionally morose, but usually upbeat. Think of Buddy Guy plucking away at his polkadot Stratocaster, inviting Obama up on stage to deliver the chorus of Sweet Home Chicago, and you’ll have a reasonable insight into the Hibees on those rare occasions when we win and Hearts lose. 

Even 12 bar form and the guitar aren’t fundamental.

St James Infirmary Blues for example is either an 8 bar form or sixteen depending on how you count it and was first popularised by Louis Armstrong 

11 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

This season we’ve been more like Frank Zappa sometimes undeniably brilliant and sometimes difficult to endure with the principle effect on the audience being just confusion

12 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

This season we’ve been more like Frank Zappa sometimes undeniably brilliant and sometimes difficult to endure with the principle effect on the audience being just confusion

Now that man was a genius. Often too clever for his own good but Sheikh Yerbouti and Zappa New York are gloriously nuts.