Sign in to follow this  
jamamafegan

Limmy's Show

I was there last night, really enjoyed it too. Definitely a show for the diehard fans with the amount of callbacks. Was genuinely crying with laughter at the Armadillo vlog bit. :lol:

Thought he crammed a lot into the 90 minutes tbf, only complaint was that the ending was a bit abrupt.

Agree with the abrupt end, I was expecting him to come back out. It was still fantastic though!

I noticed a lot of people left before the break and then missed a fair amount of stuff.

Went last night as well and thought it was great. Some of the little videos in between were hilarious. I think he got it spot on with what sketches to do and what characters people would want to see.

I thought it was excellent last night. Great mix of old characters and a new twist. I agree the little videos were the best the tour of Glasgow with the Armadildo was fucking class.

I was there last night and thought it was pretty so-so. I don't think it necessarily translated well to the stage - it was telling that the best moment of the night was the video clip filmed outside the Armadillo towards the end. I enjoyed hearing the catchphrases and familiar punchlines but I think I was looking for a bit more than rehashed gags (and it didn't help that a few people in the crowd were shouting out the punchlines before they were delivered).

Limmy's one of the best comedians in the country but his humour fits a very specific format; television, Vine and Twitter. Moving it to the live arena was a mis-step.

My only gripe was that it seemed very cheaply done. The costumes, the wigs and the sets all just seemed very cheap, like they were an afterthought and didn't really matter.

Only blitzed through this a few weeks ago, despite having followed Limmy on twitter and facebook for ages. Absolutely class.

On 11/27/2016 at 13:31, Adam said:

In In In!

Ye enjoy that Margaret?

This was the top-bants weapon of choice on the most recent Lads, Lads holiday I went on. Few years ago now.

I wish I could have gone to the live show. Would have been great.

It would not have been, he is a "rat" faced weegie fuk