Limmy's Show

jamamafegan

I hate to say it, but I thought it was pretty poor. I laughed at the one with the two guys holding guns at eachother "I'll w**k your dick", but that was it.

I'll keep watching it because there's usually a nugget of gold thrown in there somewhere. I remember watching the last episode of the second series and after nearly half an hour I hadn't laughed once, then he finished it with the Chocolate Choux sketch followed by "up t'bloody tree". Brilliant. :lol:

Edited by Guest

Never been a massive fan of the adventure call and that sketch was pretty poor but the episode on the whole was good. The lamp shade was just brilliant and I found the old guy with the hat funny!

A very decent start. Highlights for me were the annoying guy in the park, the guy going back to his old house and the two policemen bad mouthing each other. The p***k/dick bit in particular had my in stitches.

I went back and watched it again and a couple of sketches were funnier on a second watch - Jacqueline macafferty, the lampshades and Raymond day. Even the 'ye want the plate' bit. And the raga trip bit. And deedee and the box.

Thinking back on it there was loads that worked. The only let down for me was falcon hoof but I think it was so good 'jump the chasm' in the past I think it's hard to match that.

All in all loads of decent stuff and even the stuff which doesn't quite work is interesting to watch.

The shop assistant one was great too. Loved the way the bit of kit had progressively more buttons and lights on it.

The lassie that prepared my meal for my break tonight in my work asked me how it was and I replied with "Phwoaaaaaahhhh decent stuff decent stuff, got one of these at home phwoaaaaah".

She doesn't watch Limmy and now thinks I'm a nut case, sad.gif

The annoying guy in the park sketch was brilliant, and so true it's almost painful. :lol:

That's the beauty of Limmy. So many of his sketches are just random observations which are totally true. In some ways he's just like the voice of reason on the tele.

Guest honestrae95

The thing about Limmys show is that none of his sketches should be funny, they're all bizzare and quite random but he has me in stitches!

Raymond Day is my favourite, absolutely brilliant!

exec_limmys_show.jpg

I watched it for the first time tonight and didn't really get it. Not for me.

I think it's an age thing, I've watched a couple of episodes and thought it was pish whereas the teenagers at my work find it hilarious and us old gits think it's a lot of pish.

I watched it for the first time tonight and didn't really get it. Not for me.

I think it's something that you have to watch a few times to get into his mindset. I introduced a few pals to it and they all went through the 'what the f**k is this pish' phase before realising that it is occasionally genius.

Watched it again last night after MOTD and on a third viewing I enjoyed it even more