Limmy's Show

jamamafegan

Ecto slagging off another person's grammar is funnier than anything a comedian could come up with.

it is certainly funnier than Limmy, then he doesn't understand the concept if irony either

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Loved the book reading, always thought he seemed quite shy so it was good to see him up there. Did anyone get tickets for the live show in January? Totally forgot tickets were on sale. Managed to pick up a couple near the front for the Friday.

Loved the book reading, always thought he seemed quite shy so it was good to see him up there. Did anyone get tickets for the live show in January? Totally forgot tickets were on sale. Managed to pick up a couple near the front for the Friday.

I'm planning tickets at the moment, I notice the stalls haven't sold out yet for the Friday though.

I think Janice's Face is my favourite of the stories. Or Behind the Toilet Wall. From what I remember of his stories on twitter that medium seemed a lot better suited to the conversational style that's in the books but those two, I was doubled up with laughter. Good stuff.

• 5 months later...

Anyone go/going to Limmy Live? I went last night and was crying with laughter at points.

I was there last night, really enjoyed it too. Definitely a show for the diehard fans with the amount of callbacks. Was genuinely crying with laughter at the Armadillo vlog bit. :lol:

Thought he crammed a lot into the 90 minutes tbf, only complaint was that the ending was a bit abrupt.

I was there last night, really enjoyed it too. Definitely a show for the diehard fans with the amount of callbacks. Was genuinely crying with laughter at the Armadillo vlog bit. :lol:

Thought he crammed a lot into the 90 minutes tbf, only complaint was that the ending was a bit abrupt.

Agree with the abrupt end, I was expecting him to come back out. It was still fantastic though!

I noticed a lot of people left before the break and then missed a fair amount of stuff.

I was there last night and thought it was pretty so-so. I don't think it necessarily translated well to the stage - it was telling that the best moment of the night was the video clip filmed outside the Armadillo towards the end. I enjoyed hearing the catchphrases and familiar punchlines but I think I was looking for a bit more than rehashed gags (and it didn't help that a few people in the crowd were shouting out the punchlines before they were delivered).

Limmy's one of the best comedians in the country but his humour fits a very specific format; television, Vine and Twitter. Moving it to the live arena was a mis-step.