Victor Wanyama

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glenn Whelan has made 150 Premier League appearances and Charlie Adam has made 90 Premier League appearances. Charlie Adam has also amassed transfer fees of over £10 million whilst playing in the Premiership.

Top midfielders in that league imo, unless you're a pedantic pie. Hopefully Wanyama can reach these heights, if he is ever offered the sort of terms that could cause him to leave his beloved Celtic.

Glenn Whelan has made 150 Premier League appearances and Charlie Adam has made 90 Premier League appearances. Charlie Adam has also amassed transfer fees of over £10 million whilst playing in the Premiership.

Top midfielders in that league imo, unless you're a pedantic pie. Hopefully Wanyama can reach these heights, if he is ever offered the sort of terms that could cause him to leave his beloved Celtic.

f**k sake another one :lol:

Stoke are jobbies.

They play for Stoke who are being tipped for relegation, mainly for their weakness in midfield.

Premier League mainstays Stoke?

I mean admittedly, it's probably not as hard a side to break into as Southampton, where stars such as Danny Fox and Jos Hoiveld regularly feature, but they're viewed by many as the Premier League's best answer to Barcelona.

Premier League mainstays Stoke?

I mean admittedly, it's probably not as hard a side to break into as Southampton, where stars such as Danny Fox and Jos Hoiveld regularly feature, but they're viewed by many as the Premier League's best answer to Barcelona.

Just to be clear I think Wanyama is better than both of them, just not a £10m player.

I find statements like 'never worth £x million' a bit pointless.

He is 21 years old, proven in the Champions League, he is sought after by several clubs, the club selling him aren't particularly hard-up for cash, and presumably the clubs trying to buy him have a fair bit of Sky cash to spend.

A strong defensive midfielder who can play box-to-box football could be key for the Premier League survival of clubs like Cardiff and Southampton. This is extremely important to them, and to their continued access to the aforementioned Sky cash. What Wanyama generally does isn't particularly glamorous, but it is very important. Personally, I question whether the people making statements about his worth actually watch him often enough, or closely enough to comment.

I find statements like 'never worth £x million' a bit pointless.

He is 21 years old, proven in the Champions League, he is sought after by several clubs, the club selling him aren't particularly hard-up for cash, and presumably the clubs trying to buy him have a fair bit of Sky cash to spend.

A strong defensive midfielder who can play box-to-box football could be key for the Premier League survival of clubs like Cardiff and Southampton. This is extremely important to them, and to their continued access to the aforementioned Sky cash. What Wanyama generally does isn't particularly glamorous, but it is very important. Personally, I question whether the people making statements about his worth actually watch him often enough, or closely enough to comment.

Whilst I understand what you said, I don't think it takes a footballing genius to decipher that his lack of passing ability will stop him going as far in the game as some suggest he will.

His passing ability has never been an issue at Celtic, and at the ripe old age of 21 shouldn't been an issue as he develops in his footballing career.

Yeah, why would anyone playing football be expected to be able to pass at that age.

Yeah, why would anyone playing football be expected to be able to pass at that age.

Can't say I've noticed any faults in his passing.

Certainly wasn't an issue when every pundit agreed he wouldn't look out of place playing for Barcelona that night.

Can't say I've noticed any faults in his passing.

Certainly wasn't an issue when every pundit agreed he wouldn't look out of place playing for Barcelona that night.

The same pundits that are vilified for talking bollocks?

Or because they said something nice about a Celtic player they were bang on this time?

If a club is willing to pay x million for a player then by definition said player is worth that x million. The argument is whether that fee will prove to be vfm. It could easily be argued that very few purchases by EPL clubs prove to be vfm but thats because selling clubs and agents the world over know full well that these clubs will pay inflated fees just because they can. If any club pays 10 million for a player it follows that the player is worth that 10 million at least in the purchasing clubs eyes.

I can only judge him on how he's played against Motherwell as thats the only time i've watched Celtic play this season. He started at centre back against us in one game and Michael Higdon threw him about like a wet trackie.

Obviously he won't come up against a player of that caliber in the English Premier League so its hard for me to judge whether or not he is actually worth £10 million.

Archived