Victor Wanyama

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Struggle in the premiership :lol: A league were Glen Whelan and Charlie Adams are considered top midfield players?? I forgot, best league in the world :rolleyes:

I have no idea where you are getting ideas from but who calls Glen Whelan and Charlie Adams top midfield players?

Another pish analogy TBH. Because if people choose to miss 10 games a season, they're not going to suddenly have a change of heart because the club has decided to reduced season tickets.

It just comes down to brass tax I'm afraid & you'd be singing your clubs praises if they had the cash to offer this to your faithful fans.

Nope, I'd be admitting that my club were doing it because they were terrified how many of our fans would not renew their season tickets without it.

And I'd be more than a tad pissed off that they thought I was gullible enough to think there were doing it for any reasons other than maximising how much income they can get from the fans.

As an aside, I do think of the word 'faithful' is more than a tad ironic.

Celtic are having to do this purely because last season has proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that they've 30-35,000 less 'faithful' fans than they'd previously thought.

:lol:

To be honest I couldn't give two shinny shits if he performs great in the EPL or not. If we get 11 million or anything like that its great business. The seeth from you lot cause we are getting that money is lovely :thumsup2:lol:

Clear deflection, you said that Glen Whelan and Charlie Adam are classed as top midfielders. Classed as such by who?

ETA - I agree that £11m for a donkey is great money.

Clear deflection, you said that Glen Whelan and Charlie Adam are classed as top midfielders. Classed as such by who?

ETA - I agree that £11m for a donkey is great money.

I don't have a clue where he heard they were classed as top players :lol:

Hes not taking you pulling him up on it very well though, top work.

This is wonderful.

A few generic comments to imply a Celtic player is overrated and there's uproar. Had to look at the thread title to remind myself who we were even talking about, he's not actually a bad player at all.

Nope, I'd be admitting that my club were doing it because they were terrified how many of our fans would not renew their season tickets without it.

And I'd be more than a tad pissed off that they thought I was gullible enough to think there were doing it for any reasons other than maximising how much income they can get from the fans.

As an aside, I do think of the word 'faithful' is more than a tad ironic.

Celtic are having to do this purely because last season has proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that they've 30-35,000 less 'faithful' fans than they'd previously thought.

I've already said it's clever by Celtic.

But in the current financial climate, fans are grateful for any type of saving at the football.

But perhaps you'd be less 'pissed off' if your club blatantly increased season tickets by £100 to maximise income. :lol:

Pretty simple really, you've came on and made a post slating the Premiership and stated that Whelan and Adam are classed as "top players". You were rightly pulled up for this as no-one on here can remember anyone classing them as stuff. You've then stated that because they play in the best league in the world they must be top players, despite the Champions League having more dross in it than the EPL.

Instead of just admitting you are talking shite, you started to talk about seething and posting smilies. You are clearly bothered by your own stupidity or you wouldn't keep digging this hole deeper.

You'd be a fool to think Wanyama couldn't cut it in the EPL, you only have to look at Sean Maloney and James McCarthy as examples. Both are being touted for big money moves. More than £10m in McCarthy's case.

Wanyama is a huge talent, far better than any of those 2. I think £10m is cheap for Wanyama.

Lets get back on topic

It's very likely that Wanyama will leave Celtic this summer for significantly more than he cost upon arrival.

He's done the club a pretty decent turn on the pitch and Celtic will get a nice large transfer fee in return.

Best of luck wherever he goes, be it the lower reaches of the English premier league or elsewhere.

End of thread.

I think johnnyc was making fun of people who zealously believe that the EPL is the best league in the world by pointing out that such superstars as Charlie Adam and Glenn Whelan ply their trade in it.

Not that he's that smart enough to recognise he's done that, though.

So apart from being Physically impressive, scoring with his head, scoring from outside the box, dominating midfield in the champions league, what else can he do? :lol:

reminds of this :lol:

LIFEOFBRIAN CSC :thumsup2

Scoring headers is generally considered physical, I would have thought? I suppose he does have have a good longrange shot on him. But even Keith Lasley dominated in the CL :lol: . He's a good player,yes, but Celtic are getting an exceptionally good deal here.

So apart from being Physically impressive, scoring with his head, scoring from outside the box, dominating midfield in the champions league, what else can he do? :lol:

reminds of this :lol:

LIFEOFBRIAN CSC :thumsup2

Scoring headers is generally considered physical, I would have thought? I suppose he does have have a good longrange shot on him. But even Keith Lasley dominated in the CL :lol: . He's a good player,yes, but Celtic are getting an exceptionally good deal here.

Thats exactly what I was doing, but it was the Killie moron who failed to realise that and went off on one, getting all hot and bothered about who said what about EPL players :lol:

Bought for 1 Million sold for 11 million. Nuff said.

You said they were "top players" though.

Happy meltdown.

Archived