Victor Wanyama

Simple fact is, the English premiership is light years ahead of the Scottish premiership(for want of a better word).

It's nothing to do with 'my clubs bigger than yours'. If a player can double or triple their wage & play in a higher standard of league while doing so, it's a no brainer.

Also, you can't discredit the club for allowing the player to move on and making a huge profit in the process.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really, they were all more than 15 years ago, back when you hadn't won a title or made any impact in Europe for the best part of a generation. Who could have blamed them for leaving? The Martin O'Neill and Larrsson era of the early 2000's saw Celtics stock as a football club rise dramatically. Since then, it's fell at an almost equal rate.

I hope you're being sarcastic with the 30 million figure. Wanyama looks closer to 30 than 21, Celtic should bite the hand off anyone that offers over £3 million.

Really here's the 2003 uefa cup final squad how many of them went to top clubs ?

post-44671-13719980347338_thumb.jpg

In my opinion, when you have been offered between £10m and £12m for a player you should not bite anyone's hand off for £3m.

I haven't decided yet whether accusing every African player of being older than they claim is racist or not. I'll keep yez posted.

In my opinion, when you have been offered between £10m and £12m for a player you should not bite anyone's hand off for £3m.

I haven't decided yet whether accusing every African player of being older than they claim is racist or not. I'll keep yez posted.

:lol: I'm also sure moisturiser is available almost everywhere & is regularly used by footballers in every country.

Correct. Also, what the previous troll didn't realise, the club made a nice gesture to fans & put their hands in their pockets when they dropped all season tickets by £100.

.....awaits standard 'they only did this to get bums on seats' reply.

It's a standard reply because it's 100% correct.

Look at the HUGE number of season ticket holders who couldn't be bothered attending matches they'd already paid for this season (literally tens of thousands for some games).

There was though always an element of that at both of the OF as lots of their support can't really be arsed domestically with anything other than games versus their rivals.

So with another two seasons before those games come back, why would those people buy season tickets knowing there's not a single game they wanted to go to that was on their season book, which they couldn't just choose to pay for on the day.

I'm not sure what is the most gobsmacking - the fact Celtic board had the brass neck to dress this up as a thank you to fans... or the fact (some of) the fans fell for it :D!

It's a standard reply because it's 100% correct.

Look at the HUGE number of season ticket holders who couldn't be bothered attending matches they'd already paid for this season (literally tens of thousands for some games).

There was though always an element of that at both of the OF as lots of their support can't really be arsed domestically with anything other than games versus their rivals.

So with another two seasons before those games come back, why would those people buy season tickets knowing there's not a single game they wanted to go to that was on their season book, which they couldn't just choose to pay for on the day.

I'm not sure what is the most gobsmacking - the fact Celtic board had the brass neck to dress this up as a thank you to fans... or the fact (some of) the fans fell for it :D!

It's clever from celtic and you can spin it however you like. But if someone offered you £100 off you mortgage for the year, you'll happily accept it without question.

Good for the fans, good for Celtic.

Efe Ambrose to have died of old age before a decision is reached - 2/1

It's clever from celtic and you can spin it however you like. But if someone offered you £100 off you mortgage for the year, you'll happily accept it without question.

Good for the fans, good for Celtic.

That's not really a relevant analogy.

You can't choose whether to live in your house or not, whereas you CAN choose whether to go watch Celtic.

A better analogy is someone offering you 5 free games over a season - because they know there's a chance that if they didn't do that, you might choose to miss 10.

I'd imagine without the season ticket effect home attendances for games against St. Mirren, St Johnstone, ICT, Ross County, Thistle, Killie, Motherwell would be struggling to hit the 25,000 mark.

The 'offer' certainly isn't good for Celtic, but you can understand their desperation to reduce the impact as they see the effect on their support of a league campaign without The Rangers.

That's not really a relevant analogy.

You can't choose whether to live in your house or not, whereas you CAN choose whether to go watch Celtic.

A better analogy is someone offering you 5 free games over a season - because they know there's a chance that if they didn't do that, you might choose to miss 10.

I'd imagine without the season ticket effect home attendances for games against St. Mirren, St Johnstone, ICT, Ross County, Thistle, Killie, Motherwell would be struggling to hit the 25,000 mark.

The 'offer' certainly isn't good for Celtic, but you can understand their desperation to reduce the impact as they see the effect on their support of a league campaign without The Rangers.

Another pish analogy TBH. Because if people choose to miss 10 games a season, they're not going to suddenly have a change of heart because the club has decided to reduced season tickets.

It just comes down to brass tax I'm afraid & you'd be singing your clubs praises if they had the cash to offer this to your faithful fans.

Archived