Victor Wanyama

Folk have their own opinion on certain players. I think it's safe to say the general consensus is that the young lad is a top player & a good pro.

I would love for him to stay another year or so, but would wish him all the success if he decides to move on.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the champions league millions go towards the running of the club and reducing celtics level of debt.

I imagine some of those champions league millions also went towards the two players Lennon has brought in already.

He's a good player but never worth 10M quid and I love the fact that Celtic fans say he could walk into the Arsenal first XI. Lol! Sad fact having to sell your better players to low end EPL teams where they can get money and a good level of football.

He's a good player but never worth 10M quid and I love the fact that Celtic fans say he could walk into the Arsenal first XI. Lol! Sad fact having to sell your better players to low end EPL teams where they can get money and a good level of football.

And how many Partick players have moved on to EPL clubs?

Apparently the articles in the S*n etc are all BS, sad reality of the twats that run our game down so we get pennies in TV deals and sponsorships etc means we have 2 sell players to diddy teams as we can't compete with them financially when they get more from TV than what Celtic would make even if we were 2 go and win the CL (not gonna happen)

I imagine most Celtic fans could care less where players move on to as long as they have done a decent job for the club and that Celtic get a decent transfer fee.

If it gives you a small crumb of comfort to see Celtic as a feeder club then have at it.

Well in future spare us all the ' one of the biggest clubs in the world ' nonsense. If your best players would rather play for Swansea or Southampton, you aren't even one of the biggest clubs in the UK. Accept your role as a mere stepping stone between obscurity and diddy English clubs with grace.

:lol: oh aye, i'm gutted we are getting £10m for one of our players

Well he was worth £30 million a few months ago, so i can understand why you're gutted. A 200% drop in price must hurt.

Been feeder club for English teams for decades?

For the top ones yes, not for the diddy ones. Imagine 10 years ago, imagine Henrik Larrsson announces after the UEFA Cup final defeat that he's off to Southampton. Would have been completely unthinkable then. Fast forward to the present day, it's no surprise when Ki moves to Swansea, Hooper is linked with Hull and Wanyama would rather go to Southampton. Must be a tough pill to swallow how much your football club has declined in stature in the last decade.

Looks like he's rejected Southampton and want to go to Cardiff

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/celtic-star-victor-wanyamas-planned-1983383

Malky Mackay is desperate to sign the Celtic star but his club may see a fee of around £11m as their limit. Wanyama is in no rush to leave Parkhead and won’t be forced to go unless the deal suits him.

Well in future spare us all the ' one of the biggest clubs in the world ' nonsense. If your best players would rather play for Swansea or Southampton, you aren't even one of the biggest clubs in the UK. Accept your role as a mere stepping stone between obscurity and diddy English clubs with grace.

Well he was worth £30 million a few months ago, so i can understand why you're gutted. A 200% drop in price must hurt.

For the top ones yes, not for the diddy ones. Imagine 10 years ago, imagine Henrik Larrsson announces after the UEFA Cup final defeat that he's off to Southampton. Would have been completely unthinkable then. Fast forward to the present day, it's no surprise when Ki moves to Swansea, Hooper is linked with Hull and Wanyama would rather go to Southampton. Must be a tough pill to swallow how much your football club has declined in stature in the last decade.

Trying to hard mate , as i said Celtic have been a feeder club for all English teams for decades, about 10 years ago ...piere went to Forrest, Viduka went to Leeds and Di Canio went to Sheffield Wednesday ,,,hardly top teams eh?

So no tough pills to swallow if Wanyama goes to Southampton for over £10 million

Ps

Yes we are all gutted he didn't go for £30million we all believed that was his true worth.

Trying to hard mate , as i said Celtic have been a feeder club for all English teams for decades, about 10 years ago ...piere went to Forrest, Viduka went to Leeds and Di Canio went to Sheffield Wednesday ,,,hardly top teams eh?

So no tough pills to swallow if Wanyama goes to Southampton for over £10 million

Ps

Yes we are all gutted he didn't go for £30million we all believed that was his true worth.

Not really, they were all more than 15 years ago, back when you hadn't won a title or made any impact in Europe for the best part of a generation. Who could have blamed them for leaving? The Martin O'Neill and Larrsson era of the early 2000's saw Celtics stock as a football club rise dramatically. Since then, it's fell at an almost equal rate.

I hope you're being sarcastic with the 30 million figure. Wanyama looks closer to 30 than 21, Celtic should bite the hand off anyone that offers over £3 million.

I wonder if the transfer fee will be spent on players or go straight into Dermot Desmonds back pocket, just like the champions league millions.

Obviously had no idea how a plc works

Nice try though, yet another failed comment from you regarding Celtic, I just hope one day for you and the sake of your family you let the bitterness go

Are you telling me you really took that comment serious? :lol:

Not much hope for you

I think the champions league millions go towards the running of the club and reducing celtics level of debt.

I imagine some of those champions league millions also went towards the two players Lennon has brought in already.

Correct. Also, what the previous troll didn't realise, the club made a nice gesture to fans & put their hands in their pockets when they dropped all season tickets by £100.

.....awaits standard 'they only did this to get bums on seats' reply.

If you can find such a post where i refer to Celtic as being 'one of the biggest clubs in the world' then by all means dig it up.

I'm not sure where you get the £30 million figure from, i think the opinions or comments from former Celtic players or managers should be taken with a pinch of salt, they don't actually have any influence on what Celtic will sell for.

£10 million plus is a fantastic return from Wanyama, what happens with his career afterwards i could care less.

Archived