West Ham Utd

jimmy boo

Been going down to away games in northern England for a few years now and going with the family to Wigan next saturday. Noticed a few fans on various threads recently so thought it might be an idea to start a thread.

All aboard...........IRONS!!!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West Ham are looking as a very difficult team to beat this season. Big Sam has done a great bit of business in bringing Andy Carroll to Upton Park - he suits the way West Ham play and, when teams play the way he likes it, as West Ham do, the he is very, very difficult to play against. They should have no relegation worries this year.

A few family members of mine are keen admirers of The Hammers so we have organised a trip down to SJP, at the start of November, to see them play Newcastle. My old man and I are season tickets holders at St.James - really looking forward to it.

West Ham are looking as a very difficult team to beat this season. Big Sam has done a great bit of business in bringing Andy Carroll to Upton Park - he suits the way West Ham play and, when teams play the way he likes it, as West Ham do, the he is very, very difficult to play against. They should have no relegation worries this year.

A few family members of mine are keen admirers of The Hammers so we have organised a trip down to SJP, at the start of November, to see them play Newcastle. My old man and I are season tickets holders at St.James - really looking forward to it.

We got our tickets for the Newcastle game yesterday if you fancy a meet up..........you can advise us where to go....safely ;)

We got our tickets for the Newcastle game yesterday if you fancy a meet up..........you can advise us where to go....safely ;)

When we head down, we go and visit family so we don't spend much time around the stadium. Newcastle fans aren't thugs - unless Sunderland are in town - so safety shouldn't be a concern. The stadium is right in the city centre so you'll struggle to park close to kick off so I would advise you get there a good few hours before hand, find a parking spot and then explore the city of Newcastle - it's quite simply stunning. smile.gif

When we head down, we go and visit family so we don't spend much time around the stadium. Newcastle fans aren't thugs - unless Sunderland are in town - so safety shouldn't be a concern. The stadium is right in the city centre so you'll struggle to park close to kick off so I would advise you get there a good few hours before hand, find a parking spot and then explore the city of Newcastle - it's quite simply stunning. smile.gif

I was pulling your leg as we're Saints and you might send us somewhere for a right doing ;)

A couple of years ago we went to Sunderland midweek and walked in to their main boozer with our colours.....me with son and daughter.....and they couldn't have been friendlier....maybe once they heard our accents and not cockneys. So, i'm hoping the geordies will be much the same.

I always check out .....http://www.footballgroundguide.com/ for away friendly boozers which has never let me down and we always get there early doors.

I was pulling your leg as we're Saints and you might send us somewhere for a right doing ;)

I thought there was a dodgy smell coming from this thread - now that I realise this, it all makes sense. tongue.gif

A couple of years ago we went to Sunderland midweek and walked in to their main boozer with our colours.....me with son and daughter.....and they couldn't have been friendlier....maybe once they heard our accents and not cockneys. So, i'm hoping the geordies will be much the same.

Most definitely. Geordie's are some of the nicest people I've met - you should have no problem. The likes of Shearers's Bar and the Starwberry Club, which is situated behind the Gallowgate End, is a 'no go' for away fans - strictly for the Toon Army. The rest should be pretty welcoming.

I must warn you though, you have one heck of a climb to get to your seats but a stunning view at the end:

photo6.jpg

You should be fine in most of the city centre pubs. If you go to Sam Jacks they have this away day challenge thing where they get an away fan on the stage, take the piss a bit, then make you drink four pints. One of cream, fresh orange, fizzy water and then Guinness with out being sick. Plenty topless girls and banter with the p***k DJ. Good day if you're not easily offended. ;)

Think im going to that game too with the family as my brothers a West Ham fan. Actually sat in the West Ham away end at Sunderland once. Wasn't many more than 600 there that day though. All the cockneys did was slag off northerners all game tbh.

You should be fine in most of the city centre pubs. If you go to Sam Jacks they have this away day challenge thing where they get an away fan on the stage, take the piss a bit, then make you drink four pints. One of cream, fresh orange, fizzy water and then Guinness with out being sick. Plenty topless girls and banter with the p***k DJ. Good day if you're not easily offended. ;)

Think im going to that game too with the family as my brothers a West Ham fan. Actually sat in the West Ham away end at Sunderland once. Wasn't many more than 600 there that day though. All the cockneys did was slag off northerners all game tbh.

I may give Sam Jacks a miss...i'll have my daughter with me and I get plenty of piss taking at home ;)

Would that have been the midweek Sunderland game last season I think? 2-0 win? We were there too.Yes it's common practice to remind the locals they're 'dirty northern b*****ds':lol:

I've always considered Man United as my adopted English team but I've always had a soft spot for West Ham. Used to work with a couple of guys who were West Ham fans too who went to games occasionally. My Dad got me into both Man Utd and West Ham. laugh.gif

He always like United because of Fergie etc. but likes West Ham more nowadays as the Cockney Rejects are one of his favourite bands and he's into the punk scene. biggrin.gif

I've always considered Man United as my adopted English team but I've always had a soft spot for West Ham. Used to work with a couple of guys who were West Ham fans too who went to games occasionally. My Dad got me into both Man Utd and West Ham. laugh.gif

He always like United because of Fergie etc. but likes West Ham more nowadays as the Cockney Rejects are one of his favourite bands and he's into the punk scene. biggrin.gif

My mate gave up his Saints season ticket for one for Old Trafford...he's been going for decades. He invited me along for a few games there which were most impressive.

My first West Ham game was in the away end at OT and i've never looked back ;)

£45 a head they want for our game in november!!! I may give it a miss :angry:

My mate gave up his Saints season ticket for one for Old Trafford...he's been going for decades. He invited me along for a few games there which were most impressive.

My first West Ham game was in the away end at OT and i've never looked back ;)

£45 a head they want for our game in november!!! I may give it a miss :angry:

Sounds steep but when you consider I paid £29 for a ticket in the Hearts end at Parkhead a few weeks back, it's almost a steal. laugh.gif

do you all fackin ate miwaw?

Personally not that bothered but it seems to be accepted practice.......and Spuds.

I intensely dislike Stoke for the way some of their fans tried to ambush us a couple of seasons ago......despite dozens of cops holding them back.

Archived