Survival chances in a zombie apocalypse?

If there was a zombie apocalypse, society as we know would collapse in a few days, there would be no food left on any shelves of any shops or fuel to be had within hours. All someone needs to do is mention theres some snow on the way and this happens already. We would all be fucked .

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there was a zombie apocalypse, society as we know would collapse in a few days, there would be no food left on any shelves of any shops or fuel to be had within hours. All someone needs to do is mention theres some snow on the way and this happens already. We would all be fucked .

I'd be okay. I've seen Shaun of the Dead.

To answer the initial question, I reckon I would do pretty well. After all I've played enough DayZ to have worked out the odd strategy and I have absolutely no problems in fucking someone over to my benefit in the world of zombie infections.

Plus I have a classic post apocalyptic world icon. a fucking camper van. Now, if I can just get across the channel and I'm sorted.. :D

Where do we stand on shagging solid 9/10s if they're slightly zombified?

To attention.

On that note, I'd rape my way out of a zombie apocalypse. I'd only rape zombies is what I mean. I'm not a monster.

Are you safe on an island? I assume zombies can't swim or coherently sail a boat

If you've read Day of the Triffids you'll know that an island with a shingle beach is the best place to survive the zombie apocalypse, but for me, I would be looking to get onto mainland Europe.

Are you safe on an island? I assume zombies can't swim or coherently sail a boat

If you've read Day of the Triffids you'll know that an island with a shingle beach is the best place to survive the zombie apocalypse, but for me, I would be looking to get onto mainland Europe.

If you've read World War Z you'll know that zombies do just fine underwater. :P

Years ago I took a quiz and my survival rating was 91% and that was before I could drive so I definitely could survive it. And then I would miss Tv, Internet, Chinese food etc too much and I would blow my brains out.

If you've read World War Z you'll know that zombies do just fine underwater. :P

If it's WarZ zombies then I think it's safe to say we are all dead. No matter the equipment/tactics.

btw, the shingle beach worked like an alarm rather than the water being the thing that stopped them (although it did).

If it's WarZ zombies then I think it's safe to say we are all dead. No matter the equipment/tactics.

btw, the shingle beach worked like an alarm rather than the water being the thing that stopped them (although it did).

The only thing zombies in Z got whilst underwater was the effect that prolonged exposure to water has on the skin. But the c***s have rotting flesh, so it's largely by the by. In the book, it was alluded to that sea, lake and riverbeds were chock full of zombies walking about.

I also seem to remember a piece in the book where people who were on the 1st or 2nd floor of a house wouldn't necessarily be safe. The zombies would just keep trying to get them until they were able to literally walk up a hill of flattened zombies that had gathered outside the house.

Scary shite.

They might evolve and become more intelligent?... Doubt it though.

But they should never be able to move quickly. I hate Zombie films with fast moving zombies. If their muscles have suffered from decomposing effects it goes against all logic that they are suddenly more athletic than ever.

In the book, it was alluded to that sea, lake and riverbeds were chock full of zombies walking about.

I've never read the book, which is considerably better than the film I have been told. I did watch the film but it was pretty poor. I believe the book goes much deeper in the sense that the zombie affliction is tied in with corporate greed while the film didn't even scrape the surface.

They might evolve and become more intelligent?... Doubt it though.

The "zombies" from I Am Legend (the book again, not the film) are almost as intelligent as the person they were before zombification. The book is absolutely excellent and should be considered one the pillars of zombie fiction - even though Mathesson said that wasn't what he was actually aiming for in the book. The film touches, just very slightly on their intelligence but in general butt fucks Mathesson's ideas soundly up the pooper in order to appeal to stupid American audiences.

I've never read the book, which is considerably better than the film I have been told. I did watch the film but it was pretty poor. I believe the book goes much deeper in the sense that the zombie affliction is tied in with corporate greed while the film didn't even scrape the surface.

I think the film takes the name and a couple of characters and pretty much ditches everything else.

I'm the opposite. Haven't seen the film yet, but the book was tremendous. I kind of get the feeling it wouldn't translate well into film. Not a recommendation then Ric?

Not a recommendation then Ric?

Ask yourself, "Do I have anything better to do with myself for the next 90 minutes or so?" If not then you are as well watching it.

http://megashare.sh/watch-world-war-z-online-TmpjNU9RPT0

It's all about Brad though, rather than what is happening around him, and the end while not technically "shitty" is close enough to annoy you.

Archived