Survival chances in a zombie apocalypse?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UK as a whole would do rubbish if a Zombie apocalypse was to happen. We have no shops selling guns. I would try and break into the TA down the road or the police stations. Also I think I could survive but I don't think I'd want too.

You're looking in the wrong shops then.

I reckon I'd be fine. I've watched Sean Of The Dead loads of times, I know what I'm doing.

I would stay in the house as long as possible. Survive on tinned stuff for around a month or so, hopefully electricity and gas supplies would be okay. If not I'd be screwed.

Would try and somehow get to the nearest police station or army barracks but suspect that everyone else would have tried the same thing.

Perhaps barracading yourself inside Asda might be an idea as I would imagine they would have their own generators etc?

As mentioned you really need lots and lots of guns, a tank would be ideal.

A boat would be good also but if someone turned then you'd all be fecked.

Are there people who genuinely think this could happen? Or are they just attention seekers? :o

Are you actually suggesting it couldn't happen? On what grounds have you reached this conclusion?

The chances are fairly remote but to say it 100% won't happen is utterly ridiculous, dangerous even.

I would stay in the house as long as possible. Survive on tinned stuff for around a month or so, hopefully electricity and gas supplies would be okay. If not I'd be screwed.

Would try and somehow get to the nearest police station or army barracks but suspect that everyone else would have tried the same thing.

Perhaps barracading yourself inside Asda might be an idea as I would imagine they would have their own generators etc?

As mentioned you really need lots and lots of guns, a tank would be ideal.

A boat would be good also but if someone turned then you'd all be fecked.

In a Gok Wan type of turned?

1350643503[/url]' post='6727606']

While this undoubtably true I'd still like to be armed to the teeth if I was dealing with vast swathes of them.

I'd just throw my old LPs at them and then batter f**k out of them with my pool cue whilst Queen's Don't Stop Me Now was playing in the background.

Shaun of the Dead was an educational movie not a comedy like many people seem to think.

Have none of you read the Survival Guide? Board up your ground floor windows, smash up your stairs, use a ladder to get up to the first floor and take loads of food. Equip yourself with a sharpened spade to slice open zombie heads and you will be fine.

I've read WWZ. Being in edinburgh I would head to the castle with the rest of the survivors, close the gate and secure it. Raising parties for food, arm myself with a massive spiked mallet, amour and take it from there.

The chances are fairly remote but to say it 100% won't happen is utterly ridiculous

Exactly. Thousands of zombies pile out of Ibrox at 4:50 4:30 most fortnights! All it takes is one bad result (losing to QP at home) and there's zombie anarchy in the streets of Glasgow which could lead on to widespread terror (see Manchester riots).

Are you actually suggesting it couldn't happen? On what grounds have you reached this conclusion?

The chances are fairly remote but to say it 100% won't happen is utterly ridiculous, dangerous even.

:lol:

I know you're probably at the troll, but I have reached this staggering conclusion by the fact that, well, zombies don't exist. :o :o :o

:lol:

I know you're probably at the troll, but I have reached this staggering conclusion by the fact that, well, zombies don't exist. :o :o :o

Yet. Zombies don't exist yet.

Who are you to say that years down the line we won't suffer a zombie outbreak of sorts? You don't know this and to rule it out completely is playing a very dangerous game indeed.

1350645892[/url]' post='6727713']

Is that on or off the park Andy?;)

I'll probably be watching through my fingers if we're holding on to a one goal lead as it approaches the 90th minute.

The Cowden neds don't pose a problem. I'll beat their weak hick town bones if they even look like thinking about starting trouble.

Yet. Zombies don't exist yet.

Who are you to say that years down the line we won't suffer a zombie outbreak of sorts? You don't know this and to rule it out completely is playing a very dangerous game indeed.

:D

I'll probably be watching through my fingers if we're holding on to a one goal lead as it approaches the 90th minute.

The Cowden neds don't pose a problem. I'll beat their weak hick town bones if they even look like thinking about starting trouble.

No need for that, the fence should distort your veiw suffciently to serve this purpose.

Folk living in bungalows will be fucked then.

The sad reality, my friend.

I used to work in a big warehouse and would occasionally pass time thinking about how I would survive there if a '28 Days Later' style zombie apocalypse landed.

Spread out over three floors, the stockroom was full of food — the long-life shit too, and there was a big old industrial lift that was like something out of a Resident Evil game. Stairs would be easy to block off and use the lift hatch to get up and down when necessary, also plenty of old metal shelving units to block off weak-spots.

If I was in the house, I'd probably just wait it out in the attic with a windy-up generator and a Sega Megadrive.

1350646531[/url]' post='6727759']

No need for that, the fence should distort your veiw suffciently to serve this purpose.

I might utilise the age old zombie survival tactic of standing in with them and pretending that I'm one of them.

Quite a risky manoeuvre but it should afford me a better view of the game.

Archived