Edinburgh somemodeofpublictransportcrawl.

philpy

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Foot of the walk to hive..

We'll be coming, we be coming we'll be coming up the walk

When you here the noise of the hearts and hibs boys

Means the rest of us are in a pub.

It is the most varied area of Edinburgh in terms of boozers. A couple of mates and I decided to go from Victorias to the Dalmeny one night. Victorias is all £4/pint Japanese imported lager, we went to the Dalmeny and there was an old guy in a tracksuit wrestling a pitbull on the floor :lol:

Aye it caters for every taste :D

Victorias is a great wee pub, as is the one on the corner of lorne st which i can't mind the name of. there is also a brilliant pub opposite the strathie just up the road, where dizzy lizzy's used to be (again, cannae mind the name ... a wee drunken theme there)

I definitely agree that you'd want to finish up in the city centre. Not meaning to sound like a gimp but is there any real reason why people seem to want pubs with "character"/a high stab risk?

i think the pubs get shiter the further into town you head, leith has hundreds of barry pubs

A no 32 bus route pub crawl if it still exists. Niddrie,Craigmillar,Mordun,Fernieside,Gilmerton, Gracemount,Birdiehouse,Wester Hails,Drylaw,Muirhouse,Pilton,Granton then back into town by taxi by the few left.

Vergeofsmack?

I'd be up for it. The first rule of Edinburgh P&Bing is that everyone will change their names several times throughout the night though. Could be tricky.

I think the real reason behind wanting a place with varied pubs is that if you just go out on Leith Walk to the decent pubs then you are essentially just going out for a few beers. If you set out for pub crawl it's an achievement, something in and of itself and visiting each pub is part of that.

Having said that I now realise I have missed Priscillas/Bojangles from my list, a bar the clientele of which was once described to me as being 'gay neds' :lol:

Having said that I now realise I have missed Priscillas/Bojangles from my list, a bar the clientele of which was once described to me as being 'gay neds' :lol:

As a University of Edinburgh student from Falkirk that sounds exactly like my sort of place.

If people wanted to go on a crawl, incomperating public transport and shitehole pubs you would go to Fife and jump on the 19 bus service, no lackage of "character" pubs on a bus route that goes through Rosyth,Bruicefield,Crossgates,Cowdenbeath and Loghelly. Shiteholes galore!

I like the Hop On/Hop Off idea. We could follow this route either paying about £9 'entry-fee' to use the bus or just follow it on foot. We could go to whatever pub is closest to the official stop...

"We are now approaching the Georgian 'New Town' part of the city which stands in front of you. On your left is the medieval Old Town leading up to Edinburgh Castle on that big rock up ahead there and behind you is a random drunken assemblage of strange men. Please pay no attention to them. They've been following us intermittently since lunchtime and we don't know why or what it is what they want. Probably drug money."

tourguide-95-lst089410.jpg

"We are now approaching the Georgian 'New Town' part of the city which stands in front of you. On your left is the medieval Old Town leading up to Edinburgh Castle on that big rock up ahead there and behind you is a random drunken assemblage of strange men. Please pay no attention to them. They've been following us intermittently since lunchtime and we don't know why or what it is what they want. Probably drug money."

large_zombies.jpg

Has anyone ever been to the grapes in Nicolson st? It's the only pub I have seen (every day without fail) people queueing outside before 9am for it to open at 9! However, it is also probably the cheapest pub I have been to!

The grapes is a hotspot for the folk that have been banned from all the other pubs. One pub I will NOT go in Edinburgh is the station bar on London road. ICTChris, you might know the one I mean?

The grapes is a hotspot for the folk that have been banned from all the other pubs. One pub I will NOT go in Edinburgh is the station bar on London road. ICTChris, you might know the one I mean?

:lol: :lol: Used to into it a lot as my mate is the manager in the bookies across the road .........

Archived