New Police And Rocksteady Disgrace.

bluetooner

Got this from the BBC website, what a bunch of T*****S the police and rock stead are......... in absolute no way should this have gone this far.........

Scotland football star James McFadden was reported by police and described as "irresponsible" after his bust-up with a steward following Saturday's international game with Lithuania.

Strathclyde Police reported the Everton player to the Scottish Football Association after he reportedly called a Hampden Park steward an "idiot".

But an SFA spokesman said on Tuesday that the matter had already been dealt with internally.

The pitch-side argument followed McFadden's attempts to give his man-of-the-match shirt to a nine-year-old boy with cerebral palsy.

McFadden, who was receiving a standing ovation from the Tartan Army after Scotland's 1-0 Euro qualifier win, tried to hand his shirt to Stephen Reside.

A steward from Rock Steady prevented the player from leaving the pitch to approach the stand.

The striker continued his protests to stewards and police as he was led away up the Hampden tunnel.

McFadden said he had just wanted to give the boy his shirt but that the steward would not let him.

The behaviour of the player in question during and after the incident has been reported to the Scottish Football Association

Strathclyde Police

"The steward was just being an idiot," McFadden said.

"He was trying to do his job, but it was stupid because I was trying to see one guy and I wasn't trying to jump into the crowd."

However, Strathclyde Police said the 20-year-old player's actions could have caused a riot.

"The behaviour of the player in question during and after the incident has been reported to the Scottish Football Association," a spokesman said.

"Public safety is always the number one priority at any game.

"Any incident that could cause the crowd to surge forwards or cause injury to even one supporter must be avoided at all costs.

"Whilst it is regrettable that any distress was caused to the young boy involved in this matter, it is also regrettable from a police perspective that the player concerned followed his actions with an ill-judged and irresponsible outburst."

'Safety issue'

Rock Steady managing director Mark Hamilton backed the police and said the criticism levelled at one of his employees was "unwarranted and unjustified".

"We are in support of what Strathclyde Police are doing to deal with the situation on Saturday," Mr Hamilton said.

"The player's actions may have triggered off a reaction in the crowd because nobody knew what his actions were. That is why he was stopped.

"The reaction of the player was very disappointing and it merits some action from the SFA.

"This was a safety issue and had nothing to do with a little boy in a wheelchair."

McFadden, who joined Everton from Motherwell for £1.25m in September, and his agent, John Lonergan, declined to comment.

Words fail me :angry: (almost)

Are the Police and stewards really trying to argue that a footballer giving his top to a handicapped kid is going to cause a riot? I assume they have been advising the team to play badly as scoring a goal may also 'start a riot'. Perhaps the banning of any excitement during a football match should be considered as this may also 'start a riot'.

Fcuking idiots :blink:

I can't believe they are continuing to dig this hole deeper. What they really should be doing is having a quiet word with their steward for his over-zealousness whilst apologising publicly to both McFadden and the young lad.

What I expected them to do was quietly ignore the situation, hoping it goes away whislt quietly asking their staff to use a whole lot more common sense next time.

I'm astounded they are instead continuing to defend the actions. Caused a riot my backside! The only thing remotely likely to have caused a riot was the actions of that killjoy fool in the luminous jacket. :angry:

What was with the police being on the train on the way to Glasgow on Saturday. There has never been trouble on the way to Glasgow and they just like to try and spoil things for others. ?

its a disgrace, typical useless Rock Steady.

the do this in germany, Paul Lambert did it at celtic park when scotland played there.

So by making this ruling the next team who win the cup will not be allowed to take the cup and show their disabled supporters.

Guest buddie brilliant

talk about a mountain out of a mole-hill. the police and rock steady have went way too far with this. lets face it, he wasn't gona start a riot was he?he was only tryin 2 give his top to a disabled supporter who follows him everywhere.apart from nethin else it would have caused the young guy quite a bit of distress i imagine. Rock Steady and the Police r a f*ckin disgrace and should apologise 2 faddy and the young supporter immediately.

btw - well done to the guy who caught the top and gave it to the young guy, realisig that he was the one who it was meant for - many others would have just kept the top. WELL DONE MATE!! at least one person was showing a bit of common sense and decency.

as for rock steady - how about hirin sum decent ppl instead of the neds tht you emply at the moment. the steward in my section at the faroes game was a scrawny wee ned who looked bout 15 n wore his rock steady cap @ a 45 degree angle with his pubic fringe showing underneath! how is he gona stop ne1 doin nethin!?!??!?

Guest Born-again Bairn
as for rock steady - .... ne1 doin nethin!?!??!?

Can we have automatic warnings for shite-brains who text instead of type :angry:

Archived