Favourite bands / solo artists

YER SISTERS YER MAW

One of tjhose topics where five will never be enough. Having just got hold of Archives II, and without drawing breath, I give you:

1. Neil Young

2. The Buffalo Springfield

3.The Stills/Young Band

4. Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young

5. Neil Young and Crazy Horse.

I think Bennett's got it right (yeah, I know), mind - outside of NY and his various collaborations, my favourites would form an ever-changing list. For certain situations, the correct soundtrack is:

AC/DC, or

The Beatles, or

Bob Marley, or

The Rainmakers, or

Marillion, or

Iron Maiden, or

10CC, or

Horslips, or

The Who, or

Led Zep, or

Sabbath (Ozzy), or

Sabbath(Dio)....

I've just been back over the thread for a nosey - does NOT ONEOF YOU acknowledge the Godlike Genius from Winnipeg?

Only joking, each to his own. I feel I'd quite enjoy riffling through some of your record collections - and by a lot of the choices, I reckon they would be records. Not re-introduced "Vinyl", but proper, original LPs.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

6 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I've just been back over the thread for a nosey - does NOT ONEOF YOU acknowledge the Godlike Genius from Winnipeg?

Only joking, each to his own. I feel I'd quite enjoy riffling through some of your record collections - and by a lot of the choices, I reckon they would be records. Not re-introduced "Vinyl", but proper, original 

Neil Young, for me, was some guy my dad listened to, I put it in the bin along with Rush and Dream Theatre.  Years later I heard Needle and the Damage Done, it fucking blew me away and started listening to him (and Rush and Dream Theatre).  He is, along with Dylan, an incredible songwriter who I should really spend much more time listening to.  

Neil Young, for me, was some guy my dad listened to, I put it in the bin along with Rush and Dream Theatre.  Years later I heard Needle and the Damage Done, it fucking blew me away and started listening to him (and Rush and Dream Theatre).  He is, along with Dylan, an incredible songwriter who I should really spend much more time listening to.  
Needle and the damage done is an amazing piece of work. Can bring you to the verge of tears in less than three minutes.