Sign in to follow this  
wunfellaff

Sir Jimmy Saville - BEAST!

I've be interested in who would win that particular beast-off. I guess we'll never know.

There's an unbroadcast episode of "Bring Back" about Jim'll Fix it. Justin tried to get weans that Sir Jimmy had shagged to come back and tell how Jim fixed it for them.

So your response to what you consider smears is to, err, smear them in turn?

Way to concede your moral high ground there with some victim-blaming.

Vikington, What are you on about? I expressed an opinion about my view of his comedic talents.

With regard to the allegation when he was Saville was alive, it was made and not forwarded to to PPS, therefore they deemed there was no case to answer.

I was not by any measure a fan of Jimmy Saville. However, for 'victims' to crawl out of the ether after he's passed seems opportunistic to say the least.

I stand by my previous comment that Merton is an unfunny c**t though. In my *opinion* always has been.

However, for 'victims' to crawl out of the ether after he's passed seems opportunistic to say the least.

It's good to see you're taking a neutral view of their serious allegations.

Edited by vikingTON

It's good to see you're taking a neutral view of their serious allegations.

stop being such an obsfutious p***k. You know nothing of these 'allegations' as do I. It's all opinion. The conjecture here is, after an allegation was made when the man was alive- and not taken forward by the pps- do you not find it convienient that after he's gone there's suddenly a flood?

Your opinion is as valid as mine. Give me evidence and I'll change my mind. Off you go and shout abuse at a dual poster of the two jimmys- McInally and Saville if you, undoubtedly feel that strongly.

You know nothing of these 'allegations' as do I. It's all opinion.

Yes: and your opinion has sought to smear those who have alleged they were the victims of highly serious crimes.

So when it comes to being a p***k, take a look in the mirror kiddo.

The conjecture here is, after an allegation was made when the man was alive- and not taken forward by the pps- do you not find it convienient that after he's gone there's suddenly a flood?

Nope: words like 'convenient' are clearly meant in a loaded term. You have sailed into that victim-blaming train of thought with no evidence whatsoever: only conjecture.

Despicable, but hardly surprising going by the 'they were asking for it' trend on threads on here recently.

Allegations are just that.

for all your flannel one thing is clear: you (or I for that matter) would not be an impartial jury member.

That's if these 'allegations' reach court, which they have not and indeed, are not being investigated yet.

Give yourself a shake for fuxsake.

Allegations are just that.

So if a woman makes an allegation of sexual assault, it's fair game to allege that she was in fact 'asking for it', or is an attention-seeker?

What an absolutely disgusting, 19th Century world-view you have.

for all your flannel one thing is clear: you (or I for that matter) would not be an impartial jury member.

Erm why wouldn't I be? I'm following basic practices of decency: people have a right to make complaints of criminal offences without having their motivation immediately called into question by braying hordes.

The timing of the accusations is absolutely, utterly, irrelevant to whether a crime was committed or not.

Edited by vikingTON

Incidentally, it really is worth questioning the motive of people who try the 'well the Prosecution Service didn't press charges' line: sexual assault is an exceptionally difficult crime to take to a successful prosecution. Part of that comes with the territory of being, in most cases, one person's view against the other.

The idea that a lack of prosecution makes such accusations automatically invalid is ridiculous as a consequence.

So if a woman makes an allegation of sexual assault, it's fair game to allege that she was in fact 'asking for it', or is an attention-seeker?

What an absolutely disgusting, 19th Century world-view you have.

Erm why wouldn't I be? I'm following basic practices of decency: people have a right to make complaints of criminal offences without having their motivation immediately called into question by braying hordes.

The timing of the accusations is absolutely, utterly, irrelevant to whether a crime was committed or not.

*sigh*

Vikington. Off on a tangent.

This is about a deceased celebrity, who at one stage had allegations of a sexual nature not taken any further by a prosecutor.

You know as well as I do that the premise of being innocent until being proved guilty is the way in both English and Scots law. The burden of proof lies with the accuser, not the one who denies. Pretty hard to do if you are deceased and cannot defend yourself under cross examination.

Point still stands mate, that no charges are heading to court as things stand and, again, if they do, well let justice take it's course.

Edited by speckled tangerine

You stated in your first post on this thread that the accusers are fraudulently "out for a few quid" from the guy's estate. How is that, by any measure, letting justice take its course? It's well-poisoning of the most base fashion.

Vikington, What are you on about? I expressed an opinion about my view of his comedic talents.

With regard to the allegation when he was Saville was alive, it was made and not forwarded to to PPS, therefore they deemed there was no case to answer.

I was not by any measure a fan of Jimmy Saville. However, for 'victims' to crawl out of the ether after he's passed seems opportunistic to say the least.

I wouldn't pay much attention - he's simply seething towards Saville for screwing his way across the UK in the 60s (like all Radio 1 DJs did), whereas he must be the only student to have gone to two universities & still not scored once. :D

If there ever had been any tangible case against Saville, you could have been bloody sure Max Clifford would have entrapped him long before he croaked, never mind the empires of Murdoch and Maxwell.

Point still stands mate, that no charges are heading to court as things stand and, again, if they do, well let justice take it's course.

Only a complete fool believes that a judgement in a rape court case, should it even make it that far, is justice per se.

There have been many clear rapists found not guilty. For obvious reasons. The court system is what it is - an imperfect method of determining guilt and innocence.

1348991761[/url]' post='6671258']

In other news, is is true that *name withheld for legal reasons* fucked an Alsatian?

Probably.

Damn sexy Alsatians.

I'm with vT on this one.

Forgive me if I read Speckled Tangerine's posts wrong but it almost reads at one point that alleged victims of crimes should just let them lie if the alleged perpetrator is deceased.