Clach info

welshbairn

• 2 weeks later...

I'll believe it when I see it, but the Brora game thought likely to go ahead tomorrow. 9am inspection.

Quite surprised that they think the game is likely to go ahead but I hope they are right - I am in need of a football fix.

Quite surprised that they think the game is likely to go ahead but I hope they are right - I am in need of a football fix.

They're hoping the parts of the pitch that are still frosty should soften in the rain. Bet it'll end up waterlogged..mad.gif

Enjoyed the game today, a hard fought match on a heavy pitch. I thought that Clach were pretty fortunate to go ahead when Brora had been the better side up to that point. Brora didn't look as good after that and didn't really test Clach enough in the second half. Great 3 points for the Lillywhites against a Brora team with some really good players.

Decent crowd at Grant Street and it seems a much more positive place than in recent years. Really good away support from Brora too and far more than the last time I saw them at Clach - I was surprised when I got to the pub before the game to find it full of Brora fans!

Decent crowd at Grant Street and it seems a much more positive place than in recent years. Really good away support from Brora too and far more than the last time I saw them at Clach - I was surprised when I got to the pub before the game to find it full of Brora fans!

the coincidence of fans appearing when money,along with its expectations,does never ceases to amaze me.

the revelation this season has been a nairn travelling support!

• 2 weeks later...

Can't see there being any problems for this one, it's pretty mild tonight and there hasn't been rain through the day.

It's been raining tonight. Doesn't take a lot for Grant Street to be waterlogged. Hope you're right though.

• 2 weeks later...

Would like to say this isn't the norm welshbairn but....

Thing that bugs me is how mild the winter's been in Inverness. I can understand they won't have the manpower and money for covers and full time groundsmen, but if they can't put on games with the weather we've been having, why even attempt winter football?

Thing that bugs me is how mild the winter's been in Inverness. I can understand they won't have the manpower and money for covers and full time groundsmen, but if they can't put on games with the weather we've been having, why even attempt winter football?

Yeah I've always hated the idea of summer football but the chances of getting a game on between December and March are pretty slim, it seems.

• 1 month later...