Clach info

welshbairn

Checked on their website and it was Michael McRobert who looked a bombscare with the ball at his feet. His young replacement (who wore 14) was good on the deck but awful at judging headers. Could be a wild ride this season.

They weren't awful, just looked out of practice, which is understandable. Hopefully things will gel after a few games. I'll copy what I said on FN:

Locos were just better all over the park. To be fair, Clach looked like they had a game plan, but were just struggling to implement it. They were a bit better mid second half, the sub Ross Logan looked half decent. The keeper, Daniel Ray, lacked confidence. He wasn't really at fault for any of the goals, but made several handling areas that could've been penalised. In any case, it was nice to get out into the Aberdeenshire sun and see a real game with a decent crowd. Covid restrictions weren't too much of a hassle. Looks like a tenner is going to be the asking price everywhere this season.

Edited by Cyclizine

While the 5-2 defeat was in no way flattering towards Huntly, Clach showed a few promising signs there. The direct running did cause Huntly issue, but jesus christ they need a decent CB partner for Webb. The big #16 there today was all over the place.

2 hours ago, Comrie said:

While the 5-2 defeat was in no way flattering towards Huntly, Clach showed a few promising signs there. The direct running did cause Huntly issue, but jesus christ they need a decent CB partner for Webb. The big #16 there today was all over the place.

I think 2-5 did flatter them a bit, but they took their chances and defended better so that's what counted. #16 seemed bewildered about the whole experience, if that was the tallest guy on the field I'm thinking of, showed an occasional bit of skill though, either he'll get up to pace quickly or he'll be out I'd have thought. Spent both halves by the Huntly goal so didn't really see what went wrong defensively, attacking we were decent though and midfield seemed ok, keeping the ball and getting it forward well for good spells. Gutted I can't make it up to Wick next week, it's one of my favourite away trips, the ground is mad for anyone who hasn't been.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I think 2-5 did flatter them a bit, but they took their chances and defended better so that's what counted. #16 seemed bewildered about the whole experience, if that was the tallest guy on the field I'm thinking of, showed an occasional bit of skill though, either he'll get up to pace quickly or he'll be out I'd have thought. Spent both halves by the Huntly goal so didn't really see what went wrong defensively, attacking we were decent though and midfield seemed ok, keeping the ball and getting it forward well for good spells. Gutted I can't make it up to Wick next week, it's one of my favourite away trips, the ground is mad for anyone who hasn't been.

The #16 looked like that lad in school was has never played football but is 6'4 so ends up centre half.

I though the Clach #10 and #17 looked bright. Better going forward than the last few times I've seen. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The Friday night games at Canal Park got decent crowds, so hopefully they can encourage a few more to go to Grant St as well.

https://twitter.com/HNM_WClark/status/1425016945498378254?s=19

I'm happy about the switch, but the reason doesn't make the Highland League look too professional, the Grantown boys are playing golf tomorrow.. :lol:

Tbf it's a big money raising event.

4 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The Friday night games at Canal Park got decent crowds, so hopefully they can encourage a few more to go to Grant St as well.

https://twitter.com/HNM_WClark/status/1425016945498378254?s=19

Just seen the match advertised. Think I'll head into town for a few beers and watch this too.

• 2 weeks later...

Clach game the day was excellent.

Two teams going for it, five goals, a penalty, the third Clach goal was an absolute peach of a first touch by the big #15 before slotting it under the keeper. Cracker of a day down the Ferry as well.

Edited by Comrie

2 hours ago, Comrie said:

Clach game the day was excellent.

Two teams going for it, five goals, a penalty, the third Clach goal was an absolute peach of a first touch by the big #15 before slotting it under the keeper. Cracker of a day down the Ferry as well.

Agreed, put my wee comment in the HL chat thread. Anyone who thinks summer football would be a bad idea for the Highland League is insane.