Jump to content
welshbairn

Clach info

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I'll be proudly wearing my Lilywhites scarf with a collection bucket for the changing rooms. Don't tell anyone. £££££

I'll be proudly wearing my (adopted) QOTS scarf. If you see me say Hello. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/12/2019 at 00:02, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Was going to take my son there on one of the rare occasions we'd both be in Inverness at the same time, we're having to settle for the ex-landfill site too. 

Don't fancy a trip up to Brora?

On second thoughts, don't answer that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Don't fancy a trip up to Brora?

On second thoughts, don't answer that...

That’s where I’d be going... or Grantown for Strathspey vs Forres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spyro said:

That’s where I’d be going... or Grantown for Strathspey vs Forres

If Nairn or Forres had been playing at home that would have been my choice. Bit busy at home so further away not really doable, and nephew has early evening flight.

Edited by welshbairn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Looks like ICT are not going to let Clach use the Caledonian Stadium for the Fort William game on Jan 18th.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/doubts-over-clachnacuddins-use-of-inverness-caledonian-thistle-ground-188878/

"If we draw with Alloa in the Scottish Cup, the replay is the following Tuesday. I can’t have us miss a Scottish Cup replay after lending our ground.”

In other words, 'Aye, We'll patronise the 'wee club' but not at our expense'. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, manofthematch said:

Love my time at the clach back in the day!

A strange thing to say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

A strange thing to say. 

You should see some of his other posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Clach are going to play the Fort William game at the rugby club on Friday evening.

 

Looking forward to it, they probably have a wine bar and canapes instead of pies. Better give my bunnet a wash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be interesting to see what they do bar-wise, as there's no barrier (to line of sight) between bar & pitch to stop folk with a pint watching the football, as can be done in 'civilised' rugby watching style. Will it have to be closed, or no alcohol served? Hope not as it's a great spot to watch a game, & even better to be able to do it with a pint. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm heading to this tomorrow for the nicely factor. And the fact I'm working on the same site as the clach manager at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I'm heading to this tomorrow for the nicely factor. And the fact I'm working on the same site as the clach manager at the moment. 

Hearing a load of ground spotters are coming up for this from England, not sure if it's because it's probably a one off for their collections or the Fort William cult factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Hearing a load of ground spotters are coming up for this from England, not sure if it's because it's probably a one off for their collections or the Fort William cult factor.

It'll be the one off/non-standard home venue factor. In groundhopper circles it's whats known as a bracketed tick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I of course meant the novelty factor, not the nicely factor, whatever that is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I of course meant the novelty factor, not the nicely factor, whatever that is. 

Was thinking you meant the ambiance, glasses of sherry being passed around kind of thing, and petit fours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/01/2020 at 17:05, Highland ITFC said:

Will be interesting to see what they do bar-wise, as there's no barrier (to line of sight) between bar & pitch to stop folk with a pint watching the football, as can be done in 'civilised' rugby watching style. Will it have to be closed, or no alcohol served? Hope not as it's a great spot to watch a game, & even better to be able to do it with a pint. 🙂

really dont see the issue,you can do that at spartans  and no one bats an eyelid

new ground,friday night and can walk it easily from home,whats not to like

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

really dont see the issue,you can do that at spartans  and no one bats an eyelid

new ground,friday night and can walk it easily from home,whats not to like

Yes, completely agree with you, but with the rules relating to football & alcohol being as they are, I wondered what they may or may not be doing. Having seen Clach's briefing for supporters re the game, they've confirmed that the bar will be open, so that great combination of beer & football will be able to be enjoyed! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s no rules about drink in the SHFL. Rothes supporters were traipsing about their ground drinking out of tins at the Lossie game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...