• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
welshbairn

Clach info

I'm thinking of going to Clach v Fort William on Saturday. I'm assuming there are seats available? (Running the marathon on the Sunday so nae for standing about for two hours).

Edit : I mean seats in the ground not is it a sell out already!

1 hour ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

I'm thinking of going to Clach v Fort William on Saturday. I'm assuming there are seats available? (Running the marathon on the Sunday so nae for standing about for two hours).

According to Non-League Scotland their seated stand has 154 seats - http://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/clachnacuddin.htm

I was at a game against Cove a couple of years ago and there was plenty of available seats which was good as it was a pretty horrible day weather wise.  

You'd easily get a seat. It might be a quid extra.

I've never seen Grant Street sold out. I haven't been this season, but the stand is usually no more than half full.

Clach went 0-3 down to Huntly in the first half today. :(

Won 6-3. :lol: :thumsup2

Clach vs Brora is off today, was going to head down. Frozen pitch.

Proper scrappy old school well fought result from Clach today. Would have settled for a point but to nick it at the end was magic. Hopefully a good summer ahead under new management and the club will be heading in the right direction.

18 hours ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

Proper scrappy old school well fought result from Clach today. Would have settled for a point but to nick it at the end was magic. Hopefully a good summer ahead under new management and the club will be heading in the right direction.

This season has been a rebuilding exercise after an awful start. Showed how much we relied on Daniel Maclennan up front last season. Think we've been a bit unlucky not to pick up more points, but it looks encouraging for next season with the introduction of a few promising younger players.

Thought Buckie were the better side in general but at no point were Clach outplayed. Probably didn't deserve three points but after a poor season they'll definently take it. Thought the save in the first half by the Buckie keeper from the set piece was excellent, thought it was a goal for sure.

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

This season has been a rebuilding exercise after an awful start. Showed how much we relied on Daniel Maclennan up front last season. Think we've been a bit unlucky not to pick up more points, but it looks encouraging for next season with the introduction of a few promising younger players.

Is he still at Clach? Always looked better then average when I’ve seen him play

13 minutes ago, PRS said:

Is he still at Clach? Always looked better then average when I’ve seen him play

Fucked off back to Australia. Don't blame him tbf.

42 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Fucked off back to Australia. Don't blame him tbf.

I thought he was from Beauly! 

14 minutes ago, PRS said:

I thought he was from Beauly! 

Might well have been but he worked in Australia before for a spell. Hope he's keeping up with his football over there, a few of years of legs in him I would have thought.

Might well have been but he worked in Australia before for a spell. Hope he's keeping up with his football over there, a few of years of legs in him I would have thought.
Seemingly played with Bulleen Lions of the top tier in Victoria last season (state leagues runs Feb to October).

MacLennan always looked alright from what I saw, held the ball up well, decent first touch but zero pace. Couldn't stretch teams.

I think Daniel MacLennan is from Fort Augustus is he not?

23 hours ago, Comrie said:

MacLennan always looked alright from what I saw, held the ball up well, decent first touch but zero pace. Couldn't stretch teams.

He didn't pussy about in front of goal, direct and physically powerful. That's what I liked about him.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

He didn't pussy about in front of goal, direct and physically powerful. That's what I liked about him.

Was there not another lad up front for Clach last season who looked like a bouncer who'd put on a football top? Could barely run or control the ball but looked like he could eat the opposition.

8 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Was there not another lad up front for Clach last season who looked like a bouncer who'd put on a football top? Could barely run or control the ball but looked like he could eat the opposition.

Giant Polish guy who used to play for Wick, and used to travel down for games and training? Can't remember his name but he looked like a giraffe with the ball at his feet. Loads of enthusiasm though, think he's gone back to Poland.

On 20/02/2019 at 13:43, TheScarf said:

I think Daniel MacLennan is from Fort Augustus is he not?

Around there for sure, played shinty for Glengarry. Good shinty player too, although hindered by trying to beat the opposition himself.