Clach info

welshbairn

My wife spotted a busload of Brora fans going into the Caley Club on Greig Street. They were sporting scarves which were half red (with the word 'Brora') and half blue ('Rangers'). Bit of an identity crisis there, no?

My wife spotted a busload of Brora fans going into the Caley Club on Greig Street. They were sporting scarves which were half red (with the word 'Brora') and half blue ('Rangers'). Bit of an identity crisis there, no?

they played the **** in a preseason friendly.

revolting lot of fans.i go to a lot of hfl games and have done for many years,brora had next to noone watching them,now youve got all these guys going on about what fanatics they are,feel sorry for the very small number of long term brora fans who are now getting the wins their loyalty deserves but are lumped in with the glory hunters

revolting lot of fans.i go to a lot of hfl games and have done for many years,brora had next to noone watching them,now youve got all these guys going on about what fanatics they are,feel sorry for the very small number of long term brora fans who are now getting the wins their loyalty deserves but are lumped in with the glory hunters

What are you talking about? These guys have all been die hard Brora fans for years. They just happened to be working every weekend since about forever.

I posted three photos of Brora players taken in the past few seasons on Fitba North and none of the support knew who they were. :lol:

Wouldn't mind luring a few hundred OF supporters to Grant Street. Maybe they'll eventually get shamed into cutting off the Rangers half of their scarves.

P.S. I note from this morning's Inverness Courier that the old Rangers Club on Portland Place that closed last year, ironically due to unpaid taxes, is to become a Mosque. I know it will be a solace to Rangers fans that, although losing their club, they have made a magnificent contribution to cultural diversity in the Highlands.

Edited by welshbairn

P.S. I note from this morning's Inverness Courier that the old Rangers Club on Portland Place that closed last year, ironically due to unpaid taxes, is to become a Mosque. I know it will be a solace to Rangers fans that, although losing their club, they have made a magnificent contribution to cultural diversity in the Highlands.

Brilliant. The Portland was a cesspit of bigotry.

The Mosque will need to have the place sterilised as the walls used to sweat in there.

The Nip Inn. :lol:

We walked past, looked at the clientèle and gave it a massive swerve after the game. Last time I'm coming on here for pub help :P

We did spend a fair amount of time in The Phoenix because it was just so cheap. Never went to the Innes bar but regret that now - got quite a few recommendations for it.

Feck me....guys getting stick for supporting a team. Glory hunters or not (and we're talking about Brora here, not Barca), when you're getting hee-haw fans in the door, you should be welcoming ANYONE extra who's willing to pay their admittance money. Speaking as someone whose team couldn't get more than about 800 fans, even in a huge catchment area like Glasgow, when we were doing really well, I'd love some glory hunters to come along.

• 1 month later...

I rate him really highly. Clach have had a shockingly bad start to the season, winning only 2 with 3 draws and 11 losses. They've had a swathe of key players injured or unavailable through work, but they've stuck to playing an attractive, attacking passing game with young emergency recruits fitting in pretty well, and have usually lost only in the last quarter of the game when fitness levels have told. With a small bit of luck they would have had a few more wins. I expect them to finish in the top half of the table, way above Lossie.. ;)

I hope you are right Welshbairn. I think Polwarth has done a terrific job at Clach. He held them together on the field when the club was in a real mess and managing a championship challenge last season on a ball breaking budget was brilliant. Very unlucky so far this season but when he is able to get something like his best team out regularly I'm sure the Lillies will climb the table. Best manager in Inverness ;) .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm coming up to Inverness for the weekend for ICT v United on Sunday, arrive Saturday morning so planning on going to Clach v Keith (my first highland league game), can't wait - just hope it survives the weather.

Edited by Trout_man

I'm coming up to Inverness for the weekend for ICT v United on Sunday, arrive Saturday morning so planning on going to Clach v Keith (my first highland league game), can't wait - just hope it survives the weather.

I'm doing the exact same thing. Really hope the Clach game survives the weather, first Highland League game too.

Both teams have a lot of players unavailable, so expect to see a few youth players filling the numbers and don't take it as representing the usual quality of the HL. Should be a good stramash though, I saw the last meeting at Keith and it was a battle to the final whistle. Weather looks good out of the window.