Clach info

welshbairn

seen strathspey play a few times,clach also many times.strathspey,generally speaking,are rancid and have contributed little to the league since their election.so why dont you take a big cup of shut the f**k up especially since,as i said earlier,you're the guy that seems to have made the "we were players short" excuse your own(assuming you are strathyjagsfan on FN).you appear to be graceless in victory as well as in defeat

Edited by highlandcowden

Coming from the guy who chucked his toys out the pram when two deveronvale supporters stood on his spot at Grant Street Park a couple of seasons back, he soon shut his puss when he was put in his place :P

When has anyone ever stood in my place at Clachs ground? Why would I even have a place at Clachs ground? :lol:

Don't stand on that spot, that's for my camera bag :lol:

What about the time you came to PRP with the Roy Hodgson look alike you must have stood the whole 90 minutes without saying a word :lol:

What makes me laugh about you the most is you have always plenty to say on here and over on fitba north but face to face your just a shitebag who's never kicked a ball in his life ;)

Don't stand on that spot, that's for my camera bag :lol:

What about the time you came to PRP with the Roy Hodgson look alike you must have stood the whole 90 minutes without saying a word :lol:

What makes me laugh about you the most is you have always plenty to say on here and over on fitba north but face to face your just a shitebag who's never kicked a ball in his life ;)

harsh.this threads lots its lovin' feelin'

Edited by highlandcowden

• 3 weeks later...

I really don't know what's happened to the Highland League forum but this seems the best place to ask more than anywhere...

A few of us booked train tickets up to Inverness on Saturday before the game was moved to the Sunday, so to give us something to do we're going to see Nairn v Brora in whatever final** they're playing in Clach's ground. Are there any decent pubs or anything near the ground? Or is there anything else to do up your part of Inverness?

**North of Scotland Cup final. Nairn looking to win it for the second year in a row - something not done since Elgin City back in 1997/1999. Nairn are also looking to win their 8th title, whereas Brora are looking to win it for the 3rd time. Brora haven't won it since 1991. Christ, I wasn't even born then. I'm so excited for this match.

Edited by Smurph

Grant Street ain't too far from the main streets in Inverness so you can get a pint there and walk out to the ground.

The nearest pub to the ground is the Nip Inn, a well #dece boozer that's only a hundred yards or so from the pitch.

As for this forum, that's explained in another thread.

I think I've actually been to the ground before - the first time I went up to Inverness, January 2009, and we had no idea where the ground was. It was a case of "follow the floodlights" and we ended up at Clach's park instead. Still made the Thistle game but we lost 3-0 so maybe the Clachnacuddin game would have beem better...

Anway, the Nip Inn. I like the name already so I'll be checking that out. Cheers.

As Jimmy said, the city centre pubs are only 10-15 minutes walk from the ground. Apart from the Nip Inn, The Phoenix (dead but for a few loons, and £2 a pint), and the Innes Bar (decent pub for beer and banter) are probably the closest.

Braw. I don't think we have any real plans after the game so a pub crawl may well be on the cards. Cheers.

Smurph, I'd avoid the Nip Inn like the plague, its full of jakeys and skanks. The Phoenix and The Innes bar are alright old man boozers but they will struggle to get more than double figures on a Saturday afternoon.

For a few dece beers, head into the centre itself, its about a ten/fifteen minute walk from Grant St Park and worth it.

Nip Inn, Nip Out :lol:

Had some right laughs in that boozer. Love a pub crawl round Inverness don't think the pubs are as good as they used to be. Agree with Skidmarks though best heading for the town centre.

No point asking Jimmy Shaker he's always too busy looking at fitba north on his iphone :lol:

Nip Inn, Nip Out :lol:

Had some right laughs in that boozer. Love a pub crawl round Inverness don't think the pubs are as good as they used to be. Agree with Skidmarks though best heading for the town centre.

No point asking Jimmy Shaker he's always too busy looking at fitba north on his iphone :lol:

Agrees with everything I said then says I don't know what I'm talking about. What a balloon. :lol:

We'll see what happens but at least we have some names to look out for. Cheers lads.

One last thing; who should we be supporting? Nairn or Brora? I'm immediately thinking Nairn as Brora have Rangers in their name. Immediate disadvantage.

I'm supporting Nairn, I know a few lads who play for them and their fans are decent blokes. Even though the Brora squad is basically an ex-ICT XI.

Just look out for the attractive male with the great hair, that'll be me.