Clach info

welshbairn

• 3 weeks later...

I used to go to Clach games all the time when I stayed in Inverness from 89-94. I stayed right next to the ground in Kilmuir road, shamefully I used to jump the the wall :) . One week I would watch Clach and the next week Caley and just thinking about them brings back a bunch of memories.

I was up a few seasons back for a Clach v Stenhousemuir game. Athough Clach got hammered and it was about -50 I still enjoyed my day. My uncle who has lived their for 30 odd years and also a Motherwell fan managed to get me a couple of Clach strips. I still wear them proudly.

I used to go to Clach games all the time when I stayed in Inverness from 89-94. I stayed right next to the ground in Kilmuir road, shamefully I used to jump the the wall :) . One week I would watch Clach and the next week Caley and just thinking about them brings back a bunch of memories.

I was up a few seasons back for a Clach v Stenhousemuir game. Athough Clach got hammered and it was about -50 I still enjoyed my day. My uncle who has lived their for 30 odd years and also a Motherwell fan managed to get me a couple of Clach strips. I still wear them proudly.

Aye, that was a cold day

post-29857-0-42583200-1367420222_thumb.j post-29857-0-69309900-1367420779_thumb.jpost-29857-0-38482700-1367420675_thumb.j post-29857-0-82279000-1367420267_thumb.j

Edited by CityDave

I was standing up the top right of your pictures City Dave.

I also played on that pitch in a few school tournaments for Merkinch Primary. Writing these posts isn't half bringing back memories. It feels weird that I used to watch Caley (Wilson Robertson was one of my favourite players :) ) , Inverness Thistle, Ross County, Elgin and Peterhead and they are all playing league football. It wasn't even that long ago in the grand scheme of things.

I still come up frequently or ICT v Motherwell games and have a few pre match beers in the Caley club (not for a while mind) and I pay my £2 for my return trip to and from the ground and have a few post match beers too.

Edited by Brave as a Lion

I was standing up the top right of your pictures City Dave.

I also played on that pitch in a few school tournaments for Merkinch Primary. Writing these posts isn't half bringing back memories. It feels weird that I used to watch Caley (Wilson Robertson was one of my favourite players :) ) , Inverness Thistle, Ross County, Elgin and Peterhead and they are all playing league football. It wasn't even that long ago in the grand scheme of things.

I still come up frequently or ICT v Motherwell games and have a few pre match beers in the Caley club (not for a while mind) and I pay my £2 for my return trip to and from the ground and have a few post match beers too.

Ex Merkinch myself, can't believe you got to play at Grant St Park. We usually had to play on the dogshit covered pitch behind the school.

I remember one game being held up because a guy walked his dog through the pitch towards the CoOp

Ex Merkinch myself, can't believe you got to play at Grant St Park. We usually had to play on the dogshit covered pitch behind the school.

I remember one game being held up because a guy walked his dog through the pitch towards the CoOp

I'm sure it was a soccer sixes or soccer sevens event. A tournament that was over in one day.

It could have even been a Boys Brigade event, I just remember playing there. It must have been 1992 or 1993 in Primary 5 or 6.

I also played in the dogshit covered pitch behind the school on hundreds of occasions :lol: . Most of the time I played at the washing lines between Kilmuir Road and Benula Road.

We used to play Street League and then Youth League over on the pitches, was it in Milton or Hilton areas? Memory fading. One final at Grant St, 2 finals and a sixes event on Telford St.

Secondary Schools football was good too, remember travelling to Charleston, Millburn etc on misty saturday mornings.

We used to play Street League and then Youth League over on the pitches, was it in Milton or Hilton areas? Memory fading. One final at Grant St, 2 finals and a sixes event on Telford St.

Secondary Schools football was good too, remember travelling to Charleston, Millburn etc on misty saturday mornings.

I played street league and youth league up at Milton pitches, i think there was one year they had it at Charleston pitches and wee all got changed in portakabins. We got to one final where we got humped 7-0 at Telford St Pk.

Secondary school football was a laugh, I played for The High School and we had the shittest pitches. Nobody liked playing us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Very relieved to get a point with our decimated squad and awful start to the season. Considered a trip to Lossie, but Bill and I fancied the Stoke game, and he was worried if he could live up to expectations as the big baddie if we turned up. He's a gentle soul really.

• 1 month later...

Very relieved to get a point with our decimated squad and awful start to the season. Considered a trip to Lossie, but Bill and I fancied the Stoke game, and he was worried if he could live up to expectations as the big baddie if we turned up. He's a gentle soul really.

i suppose thats the excuse for yesterday also, a decimated squad?? Lol

i suppose thats the excuse for yesterday also, a decimated squad?? Lol

:lol::lol: coming from you-almost every post you make re strathspey thistle on fitba north is an excuse for (usually)another crap display by ST-9 1st teamers out/wedding/abducted by aliens etc.talk about pot calling kettle black

:lol::lol: coming from you-almost every post you make re strathspey thistle on fitba north is an excuse for (usually)another crap display by ST-9 1st teamers out/wedding/abducted by aliens etc.talk about pot calling kettle black

you seen them play?? no shut the hell up then