Clach info

welshbairn

Welcome to the area rolleyes.gif

Prices were £8 last season. Haven't been so far this season. Social club is adjacent to the ground. Part/most of it was sold to a religious group to pay off debts so I'm not sure if you're still able to nip in for a half time pint.

Welcome to the area rolleyes.gif

Prices were £8 last season. Haven't been so far this season. Social club is adjacent to the ground. Part/most of it was sold to a religious group to pay off debts so I'm not sure if you're still able to nip in for a half time pint.

A religious group with a social club? What are they called - Drunken Bams for God? Seventh Day Drunkards? John Barleycorn's Witnesses? They could be on to a winner with that mix of alcohol and religion.

A religious group with a social club? What are they called - Drunken Bams for God? Seventh Day Drunkards? John Barleycorn's Witnesses? They could be on to a winner with that mix of alcohol and religion.

I think it was an Islamic prayer group that took over the social club, so alcohol and religion is probably out of the window I'm afraid.

I think it was an Islamic prayer group that took over the social club, so alcohol and religion is probably out of the window I'm afraid.

That deal fell through and the Inverness Bible Fellowship ended up buying the building. Doubt they are making use of the old bar either.

I have been down to Clach a couple of times this season. It's still £8 and the team have actually looked quite decent, it would appear that Polwarth is slowly making progress at Clach. The ground is looking better too with some new barriers on the dugout side of the ground and a wee club shop behind the goals. I don't know about getting a pint at half-time since the old social club was sold off - perhaps you can still get into the wee bar beside the changing rooms but not sure about that. So many pubs within 10/15 mins walk anyway.

its £8 to get in this season,youll get in free at ht.

the social club was sold off,theres still a small bar but i think thats for hospitality only now.the town centres only 5-10 mins walk away for a pint

im pretty sure they run a bus to away games

more often than not clach games are entertaining,youll enjoy yourself

its £8 to get in this season,youll get in free at ht.

the social club was sold off,theres still a small bar but i think thats for hospitality only now.the town centres only 5-10 mins walk away for a pint

im pretty sure they run a bus to away games

more often than not clach games are entertaining,youll enjoy yourself

Cheers, and thanks to everyone else for the info. Looking forward to it.. rolleyes.gif

1348963945[/url]' post='6671015']

Superb game today. Clach were very impressive. Bizarre refereeing but lets hope fora big name draw in the next round.

What was the. Crowd? Ceefax has it as 1950! That's more than Clach get for a whole season

What was the. Crowd? Ceefax has it as 1950! That's more than Clach get for a whole season

Ha! More like the usual 150 crowd which is a shame as the set up is much improved. The ground is looking a good bit tidier, there was a matchday programme, there's now also a Clach merchandise shop. Clach are a decent side too. To win by 2 goals having been down to 10 men for the majority of the match against Steve Paterson's Formartine is not bad at all.

• 1 month later...

More entertaining than any Falkirk game I've seen this season, shame you lot are too mean to heat up your pies and put a full teaspoon in your bovril.. rolleyes.gif

the pies are usually piping hot, but had a power cut just before kick off yesterday so i,d imagine that was the problem ( wasnt a actual power cut think had something to do with us putting electricity in for new toilets block, power went out in hospitality ALSO), as for bovril catering is a franchise to a local guy i,ll mention it to him next home game :)

Edited by strathspey thistle

the pies are usually piping hot, but had a power cut just before kick off yesterday so i,d imagine that was the problem ( wasnt a actual power cut think had something to do with us putting electricity in for new toilets block, power went out in hospitality ALSO), as for bovril catering is a franchise to a local guy i,ll mention it to him next home game :)

Fair enough..tongue.gif Apart from that, good facilities, comfortable stand, decent pint at the Claymore and stunning scenery. Good afternoon out. smile.gif