Clach info

welshbairn

The Innes and the Nip Inn are the closest and of the two, I would also pick The Innes.

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Going to be up in Inverness on Saturday so planning to head to game v Brechin. Any recommendations on decent pubs near the ground or on the way from the centre of town to the ground would be appreciated. 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Think I'll head along to this.  

No idea how this will go, Clach have been up and down like a yoyo the last few games, pumping BoD 3-1 then scraping a draw with Strathspey, a minute away from beating Fraserburgh and a boring 1-0 defeat to Nairn. If they're on their big team form it could be quite a show, if not it could go to double figures..

Edited by welshbairn

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

No idea how this will go, Clach have been up and down like a yoyo the last few games, pumping BoD 3-1 then scraping a draw with Strathspey, a minute away from beating Fraserburgh and a boring 1-0 defeat to Nairn. If they're on their big team form it could be quite a show, if not it could go to double figures..

I think they're starting to improve under Jordan.  It's taken him a couple of years but the squad is looking more settled.  Gary Warren probably helps too although he has missed games this season.  You're right though, on their day they are great but then Brechin could just as easily cunt them tomorrow.

I like Clach and usually want them to do well but I want Brechin to win tomorrow and on Wednesday so next Saturday is set up for the decider

• 1 month later...

Went to the meeting tonight, happy to report that Clach are 100% voting no. The impression I got was that any HL clubs who were wavering are looking likely to fall on the No side having gone through the details, except for maybe Brechin.

• 3 weeks later...

Couple of preseason friendlies confirmed, Loch Ness away in Fortrose on July 1st, 1pm, and St Duthes away on July 19th, time tba.

There are supposed to be games v Ross County, ICT and Fort William too, but nothing announced yet.

4 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I did a double take when I saw you are playing Ormiston Primrose. What’s that all about, is there some sort of long standing friendship or something? Seems a long way for a friendly. 

Out of the blue for me, maybe they're doing a Highland tour? Could be quite handy for us, we're rubbish at playing Central Belt teams in the Scottish Cup, games we should really be winning sometimes, so maybe a handy bit of preparation.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Out of the blue for me, maybe they're doing a Highland tour? Could be quite handy for us, we're rubbish at playing Central Belt teams in the Scottish Cup, games we should really be winning sometimes, so maybe a handy bit of preparation.

I wondered about that and had a look at Primrose’s Twitter, they certainly don’t have any other fixtures arranged up your way, maybe they will add something else.

8 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I wondered about that and had a look at Primrose’s Twitter, they certainly don’t have any other fixtures arranged up your way, maybe they will add something else.

A trip up the A9 to play the mighty Clach at Grant Street will be enough of a thrill for them, maybe best not to overdo it. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Loch Ness FC playing on the Black Isle just seems...wrong.

They could rebrand themselves as the Black Isle Dolphins and sell a shed more shirts.

On 14/04/2023 at 09:35, welshbairn said:

Clach are still a "play some nice football, look decent, then do something stupid at the back and implode" team.