Clach info

welshbairn

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Just can’t get used to ‘Ferry San Siro’ Then again some say I’m a humourless grumpy b*****d. 

I cringe a bit too. Maybe worse is a new amateur team calling themselves Ferrybache. :blink:

I cringe a bit too. Maybe worse is a new amateur team calling themselves Ferrybache. :blink:
If they play in an actual garden then I'd be all for it. Stuff like the Ferry San Siro is playground-level humour though, the horse of which has been well and truly beaten to death.

Just now, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

If they play in an actual garden then I'd be all for it. Stuff like the Ferry San Siro is playground-level humour though, the horse of which has been well and truly beaten to death.

It's only the guy who does the social media for them who doesn't get paid, so I'll let him off.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It's only the guy who does the social media for them who doesn't get paid, so I'll let him off.

‘El Kessico’ I think is actually quite good. Seem to remember an ‘Inver Milan’ from a few years back, or maybe it was just a drunken dream. 

Edited by oldbitterandgrumpy
Only one ‘o’ in to. Jesus I’m getting sloppy.

52 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

‘El Kessico’ I think is actually quite good. Seem to remember an ‘Inver Milan’ from a few years back, or maybe it was just a drunken dream. 

I'm struggling here. The Ferricana? Bodacious Merkinchgladclach? :bag

Edited by welshbairn

Well beaten the day.

Neat passing and playing from the back are great, but pointless if you fall asleep at set pieces.

Hope Ross Logan is okay, that was a nasty one he took down the corner flag.

2 hours ago, Comrie said:

Well beaten the day.

Neat passing and playing from the back are great, but pointless if you fall asleep at set pieces.

Hope Ross Logan is okay, that was a nasty one he took down the corner flag.

A nasty cut near his left ear it looked like, seemed quite alert and chatty so hopefully not too bad. Thought we looked fairly fit for this early in pre season, at least in the first half, and missed a couple of sitters. The manager's been saying we need to strengthen at the back, that was evident today.

23 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

There's an AC Mill Inn in the Aberdeenshire Amateurs

On 17/06/2022 at 18:43, welshbairn said:

Ferrybache have been about for a while, were they not the old AJG team? Sure there was a team called Charlstonia or something like that around too. Noticed there’s no Merkinch ammys anymore too

13 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Ferrybache have been about for a while, were they not the old AJG team? Sure there was a team called Charlstonia or something like that around too. Noticed there’s no Merkinch ammys anymore too

After trying and failing to think of better names I've come round to appreciate that Ferrybache is actually genius! It's a shame about Merkinch AFC, a guy I used to work with played with them and they were struggling to raise the membership fees, can't remember if it was Welfare or Amateur and tbh I don't know the difference. I'm pretty well ignorant about the amateur set up round here but I've learnt how many people and hours is takes to keep a team going, forgetting about the players. Inverness and District nearly folded this year because they didn't have enough people to do the boring stuff. I'm not going to slag off blazers as freeloaders only in it for the free sandwiches again!

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

A nasty cut near his left ear it looked like, seemed quite alert and chatty so hopefully not too bad. Thought we looked fairly fit for this early in pre season, at least in the first half, and missed a couple of sitters. The manager's been saying we need to strengthen at the back, that was evident today.

Thought Clach were game and never gave up. Unlucky with the Anderson shot that went over from a few yards out, had pressure on him. 

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

After trying and failing to think of better names I've come round to appreciate that Ferrybache is actually genius! It's a shame about Merkinch AFC, a guy I used to work with played with them and they were struggling to raise the membership fees, can't remember if it was Welfare or Amateur and tbh I don't know the difference. I'm pretty well ignorant about the amateur set up round here but I've learnt how many people and hours is takes to keep a team going, forgetting about the players. Inverness and District nearly folded this year because they didn't have enough people to do the boring stuff. I'm not going to slag off blazers as freeloaders only in it for the free sandwiches again!

Inverness & District alternated between Amateur and Welfare depending on what suited them at the time...

2 hours ago, Comrie said:

Thought Clach were game and never gave up. Unlucky with the Anderson shot that went over from a few yards out, had pressure on him. 

Conor Bunce really should have put it his chance away in the first half, delayed shooting until the keeper was on top of him and scooped it over the bar from inside the 6 yard box

I wonder if he'll be Clach's new Sean Webb- a decent defender who's basically past it but shouts and organizes a lot.