Clach info

welshbairn

Results can deceive, an excellent performance today by Clach who matched Rothes in every area of the park apart from the annoying scoring goals bit. Onwards and upwards! Beautiful weather too, maybe this global warming thing is getting a bad rep.

Edited by welshbairn

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Might be heading to Clach vs Brechin on the sixth.

Anything I should be aware of regarding ticketing, boozing, etc.?

You can walk from the town centre to the ground in about 15-20 minutes top even if you've got a decent buzz on.

The closest pub is the Nip Inn, but you'd be better off somewhere a little further out like Macgregors or the Black Isle Bar (if you can afford it).

If you walk down Academy Street from the train or bus stations, you get to the Foundry on the right and Blackfriars on your left, then the Phoenix on your right and MacGregors on your left. Take your pick, they've changed a lot over Covid so I'm not very up to speed, but the Foundry is definitely good for beer and Macgregors is good for food. If you want more of a football atmosphere the Innes bar is a short walk away, roughly in the direction of the ground. The Nip Inn is good for a quick half time pint. Then try Church Street and Baron Taylor's Street's for post match wreckage.

P.S. If you've time, the Castle Tavern has a big beer garden with pretty spectacular views.

Edited by welshbairn

• 4 weeks later...

Will absolutely take that point!

Thought Locos generally shaded the game without causing too much hassle for Clach- the two long range saves aside and Clach dithering at the back was more dangerous than most of what Locos put together.

The sending off changed the game (was a clear red, no complaints) and after than it was mostly seige stuff with Clach unable to get out their half.

It was absolutely brutal cold as well, was tempted to pop into the Nip Inn but was so cold I just ran home.

Edited by Comrie

Enjoyed the game and agree with Comrie's summing up there. Last few minutes a bit hairy for Clach but would have been harsh had they lost after again putting so much into the game. MacKinnon could do with improving his kicking but his shot stopping and handling are absolutely superb. I like watching this young Clach team, they put a lot into every game, are well organised, and when they get on the ball they can play some nice stuff. And aye, fucking freezing 🥶

Edited by Waspie

I don't understand why we never put Anderson and Bunce on together as a front two. As said some valiant defending and classy goalkeeping, but we never looked like making anything happen at the other end till Conor Bunce came on for the last few minutes. He didn't get anywhere and all the action was at the pinball machine at our penalty box, but he's the kind of inventive player who can make something happen out of the nothing. Excellent well fought for point in the bank though.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I don't understand why we never put Anderson and Bunce on together as a front two. As said some valiant defending and classy goalkeeping, but we never looked like making anything happen at the other end till Conor Bunce came on for the last few minutes. He didn't get anywhere and all the action was at the pinball machine at our penalty box, but he's the kind of inventive player who can make something happen out of the nothing. Excellent well fought for point in the bank though.

Thought the plan of trying to turn the Locos defence was weird as until Bunce came on nobody had the pace to cause  Locos any issues and it was straight back into the Clach half.

46 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Thought the plan of trying to turn the Locos defence was weird as until Bunce came on nobody had the pace to cause  Locos any issues and it was straight back into the Clach half.

Just about every second ball was picked up by Locos too, something for them to look at.

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Aye. just saw. Just started pishing down again so went and checked. Was going to flip a coin between  walking down to Clach or watching Dundee/County today, guess that's made my decision.

20 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Aye. just saw. Just started pishing down again so went and checked. Was going to flip a coin between  walking down to Clach or watching Dundee/County today, guess that's made my decision.

Is County your wee team then? Was thinking of Caley Morton or Forres Brechin but I've got stuff at home I should be getting on with.

I'm booked up for Fraserburgh next Saturday, weather outlook is optimistic.

Edited by welshbairn

25 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Is County your wee team then? Was thinking of Caley Morton or Forres Brechin but I've got stuff at home I should be getting on with.

I'm booked up for Fraserburgh next Saturday, weather outlook is optimistic.

I've been going to the odd Clach game since 2009 or so- they are now my local team as I live about 15 minutes from them.