Clach info

welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Never heard Clach Park either. Journalistic license presumably.

Actually, for me, it always was, and always will be 'Clach Park'.  Maybe it's a generation thing. 

Used to be a really good atmosphere there when they still had the old stand and the three enclosures, especially if it was a mid week cup-tie under the floodlights against Caley or Thistle.

(These days are long gone Grumpy, stop reminiscing!)

58 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Yeah, I've always known Grant Street as Clach Park. Think the Ferry San Siro nickname is stolen from Fitba North.

It's been used on there but I don't think it originated on there. Better not have done. 

Grant Street is all I've ever known Clach's ground as, tho the old boy refers to it as Clach Park on occasion. Might be an age thing. 

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

£8, unless you sneak in at half time.

Cost us £3 😂 for the last inter county match Shetland vs Orkney  in Lerwick's Gibby Park.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Miller remains committed to Clachnacuddin despite moving back home to Western Isles
 By Will Clark- will.clark@hnmedia.co.uk
 Published: 08:15, 24 July 2020
Contribute to support quality local journalism 
Eachainn Miller says he is prepared to go the distance to continue to play for Clachnacuddin after moving back to the Western Isles.

The 22-year-old is facing a four-hour trip from Carloway to Inverness just to play home matches for the Lilywhites after taking up a new job in communications for Western Isles Council.

The central midfielder graduated with first class honours in journalism from the University of Stirling and received a job back where he grew up.

Now, he is looking at leaving Stornoway by ferry on a Friday night and travelling from Ullapool to Inverness to play for the Merkinchers.

But he says he is committed to playing for the Lilywhiltes in the 2020/21 Highland League campaign.

“Travelling is going to be a big part of my life, but I am happy to do that,” he said.

“It is a three-hour ferry and from Ullapool to Inverness, you’re talking another hour in the car anyway and that is just for a home game.

“I have a friend in Inverness who is letting me stay over which allows me to make it work, which is appreciated. But I will never be able to do a game in a day any more, this is going to be my weekends from now on.”

Miller joined the Lilywhites from Lowland League club Stirling University last season and became a regular in the first team with some impressive performances.

Despite a disappointing campaign, he is looking to help the Merkinchers become a force again.

“We didn’t have many moments of glory last year, but when we do it is a special place to be and I haven’t been involved in that before,” he said.

“For me, it was an easy decision to sign on with Clachnacuddin again this year and I appreciate the support they gave me as well. It was frustrating last year, to be where we were and having to look at that table for so long.

“I want to look at Clachnacuddin in a much better position in the table and we can do it. Last season, when we turned up, we got decent results.If we get more consistency we can climb up the table.”

Read the full edition of today's Inverness Courier here.

RH32R828ZQ3NWMV6PA8B.jpg

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/miller-will-travel-ferry-far-to-play-for-clachnacuddin-206851/

Edited by welshbairn

• 1 month later...

Good to see that Clach are back at it, with sensible early testing of crowd safety procedures of course.

Fantastic to be back playing at Grant Street Park today.
In a closed door friendly we ran out 2-1 winners against Alness Utd. The game took place under strict guidelines, with all players being temperature checked, logged for T&T and carrying out hand sanitising.
Its football, but not as we know it.

119251299_3600253680008764_8675765833070

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Just because I saw that here first and thought it was to do with Clach, that's a cropped photo of from a Crewe Alexandra game.

Shite, I was wondering where that wall was. The pic was from Clach Facebook.

image.thumb.png.420d39d1ad06260316fdf0bcff0e39db.png