Clach info

welshbairn

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

That’s where I’d be going... or Grantown for Strathspey vs Forres

If Nairn or Forres had been playing at home that would have been my choice. Bit busy at home so further away not really doable, and nephew has early evening flight.

Edited by welshbairn

17 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Looks like ICT are not going to let Clach use the Caledonian Stadium for the Fort William game on Jan 18th.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/doubts-over-clachnacuddins-use-of-inverness-caledonian-thistle-ground-188878/

"If we draw with Alloa in the Scottish Cup, the replay is the following Tuesday. I can’t have us miss a Scottish Cup replay after lending our ground.”

In other words, 'Aye, We'll patronise the 'wee club' but not at our expense'. 

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Clach are going to play the Fort William game at the rugby club on Friday evening.

Looking forward to it, they probably have a wine bar and canapes instead of pies. Better give my bunnet a wash.

Will be interesting to see what they do bar-wise, as there's no barrier (to line of sight) between bar & pitch to stop folk with a pint watching the football, as can be done in 'civilised' rugby watching style. Will it have to be closed, or no alcohol served? Hope not as it's a great spot to watch a game, & even better to be able to do it with a pint. 🙂

59 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I'm heading to this tomorrow for the nicely factor. And the fact I'm working on the same site as the clach manager at the moment. 

Hearing a load of ground spotters are coming up for this from England, not sure if it's because it's probably a one off for their collections or the Fort William cult factor.

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Hearing a load of ground spotters are coming up for this from England, not sure if it's because it's probably a one off for their collections or the Fort William cult factor.

It'll be the one off/non-standard home venue factor. In groundhopper circles it's whats known as a bracketed tick.

21 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I of course meant the novelty factor, not the nicely factor, whatever that is. 

Was thinking you meant the ambiance, glasses of sherry being passed around kind of thing, and petit fours.

On 12/01/2020 at 17:05, Highland ITFC said:

Will be interesting to see what they do bar-wise, as there's no barrier (to line of sight) between bar & pitch to stop folk with a pint watching the football, as can be done in 'civilised' rugby watching style. Will it have to be closed, or no alcohol served? Hope not as it's a great spot to watch a game, & even better to be able to do it with a pint. 🙂

really dont see the issue,you can do that at spartans  and no one bats an eyelid

new ground,friday night and can walk it easily from home,whats not to like

2 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

really dont see the issue,you can do that at spartans  and no one bats an eyelid

new ground,friday night and can walk it easily from home,whats not to like

Yes, completely agree with you, but with the rules relating to football & alcohol being as they are, I wondered what they may or may not be doing. Having seen Clach's briefing for supporters re the game, they've confirmed that the bar will be open, so that great combination of beer & football will be able to be enjoyed! 🙂

8 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

There’s no rules about drink in the SHFL. Rothes supporters were traipsing about their ground drinking out of tins at the Lossie game.

From visiting a few grounds over the years, it's not like anyone is going to punt you out unless you make a total w**k of yourself.

• 2 weeks later...