Clach info

welshbairn

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 24/12/2019 at 20:28, welshbairn said:

Game postponed on Saturday, promised my nephew I'd take him, will have to be Caley instead. :barfYou'd have thought they could have got changed on the bus or in the Nipp Inn.

Was going to take my son there on one of the rare occasions we'd both be in Inverness at the same time, we're having to settle for the ex-landfill site too. 

Edited by oldbitterandgrumpy

55 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Was going to take my son there on one of the rare occasions we'd both be in Inverness at the same time, we're having to settle for the ex-landfill site too. 

Tickets are selling pretty fast, was going to just pay at the gate but think I'll sort them out when I know how many of us are going. Bus from Grieg Street social club, can't be arsed walking through the Longman.

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Tickets are selling pretty fast, was going to just pay at the gate but think I'll sort them out when I know how many of us are going. Bus from Grieg Street social club, can't be arsed walking through the Longman.

I think he's sorted out a couple of tickets, I'll be somewhere in the main stand.

A worse location for a stadium would be hard to find. Must be a candidate for Scotland's coldest ground.

Can't say I fancy the Grieg Street bus though, probably just head down early and park on the estate. 

2 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

I think he's sorted out a couple of tickets, I'll be somewhere in the main stand.

A worse location for a stadium would be hard to find. Must be a candidate for Scotland's coldest ground.

Can't say I fancy the Grieg Street bus though, probably just head down early and park on the estate. 

The good thing is you get back in town before 5, no queue to get out of the car park. And you can have a couple of pints first of course.

Clachnacuddin - Main building damaged in a fire this morning.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-50902936
PJ-SMc-241219-01-18-940x555.jpg&key=b1585bf600ebde68877f1a046683b2dc8f657f01ecdd8552628f1f1457c8e8db
Sorry to hear this. I remember visiting Grant Street in our one adventure in the Scottish​ Cup in 2014 and we had a great day out. Hurlford fan's still mention the warm welcome we received. Best of luck with the repairs. Hope the damage isn't too bad.

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The good thing is you get back in town before 5, no queue to get out of the car park. And you can have a couple of pints first of course.

And you have to share the bus with Caley fans. And their Caley songs, and their Caley attitude. 

I'd rather walk there and back with a stone in my shoe. 

It's the only game on, so we're going. Shame about Grant Street. 

Edited by oldbitterandgrumpy

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

If I see a black guy with Afro hair and an aggressive grimace spouting something meaningful, I'll say Hello. Enjoy the game. 

49 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

And you have to share the bus with Caley fans. And their Caley songs, and their Caley attitude. 

I'd rather walk there and back with a stone in my shoe. 

It's the only game on, so we're going. Shame about Grant Street. 

I'll be proudly wearing my Lilywhites scarf with a collection bucket for the changing rooms. Don't tell anyone. £££££

On 26/12/2019 at 00:02, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Don't fancy a trip up to Brora?

On second thoughts, don't answer that...