Clach info

welshbairn

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 21:35, welshbairn said:

Giant Polish guy who used to play for Wick, and used to travel down for games and training? Can't remember his name but he looked like a giraffe with the ball at his feet. Loads of enthusiasm though, think he's gone back to Poland.

Strangely I was in a taxi in Gdansk a couple of years back and the driver claimed he had played Highland League, I can’t remember who for!

Strangely I was in a taxi in Gdansk a couple of years back and the driver claimed he had played Highland League, I can’t remember who for!
I know there was a player at Fort William called Robert Lewandowski circa 2015 who was a goalkeeper

I'll be down at the Clach/Turriff game tomorrow. Clach look a more organized side now Polworth has gone, hopefully they can keep some momentum going by beating the mediocre visitors.

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, Comrie said:

Probably heading down to Clach today, expect very little against those dirty Wickers

I'm heading over, it will be a coin toss which dirty Wicker team turns up, quite fancy a draw. Either that or we'll get hammered.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I'm heading over, it will be a coin toss which dirty Wicker team turns up, quite fancy a draw. Either that or we'll get hammered.

Wick’s team sheet was showing 4 trialists and 3 outfield subs... hopefully they get a few lads signed up soon

• 3 weeks later...

Might make my way down to the Buckie game today. Expecting a tough one for Clach, Buckie have started well this season.

EDIT: Clach were second best for most of that. Probably wasn't a penalty, but it just added gloss to the scoreline. Buckie had three excellent chances to score before half time and fluffed all of them.

Edited by Comrie

Clach were certainly second best but they were well organised and worked very hard. They need to try and find more of a creative threat but if they keep working like they did today they will pick up points. Something for the new manager to build on. 

I was a little disappointed with Buckie. For one of the stronger sides in the league they struggled to make their possession count and their defence gifted a couple of half chances to a Clach side who were offering very little threat. Job done on the day I suppose. 

Edited by Waspie

18 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Clach were certainly second best but they were well organised and worked very hard. They need to try and find more of a creative threat but if they keep working like they did today they will pick up points. Something for the new manager to build on. 

I was a little disappointed with Buckie. For one of the stronger sides in the league they struggled to make their possession count and their defence gifted a couple of half chances to a Clach side who were offering very little threat. Job done on the day I suppose. 

There were a few serious slip ups by the Buckie defence, agreed. If Clach had Daniel MacLennan playing for them still I think he'd have scored today, but they don't so did little.

...and I will say, that's my third time seeing Clach this year and they've improved slightly each time. I still feel the full backs are a big weakness for them.

17 hours ago, Comrie said:

There were a few serious slip ups by the Buckie defence, agreed. If Clach had Daniel MacLennan playing for them still I think he'd have scored today, but they don't so did little.

...and I will say, that's my third time seeing Clach this year and they've improved slightly each time. I still feel the full backs are a big weakness for them.

They've got young Elgin loanee left back Liam McDade but don't seem to want to play him. He's already made his First Team debut at Elgin, so they clearly think he's decent, & I would imagine would be expecting him to get some decent game time at Clach, but doesn't seem to be happening.   

27 minutes ago, Highland ITFC said:

They've got young Elgin loanee left back Liam McDade but don't seem to want to play him. He's already made his First Team debut at Elgin, so they clearly think he's decent, & I would imagine would be expecting him to get some decent game time at Clach, but doesn't seem to be happening.   

He'd have to be better than what Clach have at LB at the minute- the right back was the weakness yesterday but the Wick right winger had the Clach LB on toast a few weeks back.

Michael Finnis & Ryan McKintosh at full backs yesterday, who are both part of the furniture at Clach. Best right back I've seen there this season was their Brora-loanee Colin Macrae, who had an excellent game in the pre-season fixture which Clach won against Elgin. McDade is very good technically, is a tenacious tackler & gets forward well, with a lovely left foot delivery. He came through ICT Youth in their 'superstar' squad that has ended up with eight being given contracts, but unfortunately for him he was always behind Cammy Harper, who started for ICT yesterday vs Morton. Moved to Elgin to get game time & has progressed well there. He's small though, which unfortunately even in this day & age can still mean getting left out for bigger but less able players. And as anywhere in football, it's only the man that picks the side's opinion that ultimately matters.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Waspie said:

Good win for Clach over Nairn today. Looked a lot better in attack than the last time I saw them. Shame they have Brora in the next round, but promising signs that Sandy MacLeod is making a difference. 

Defence was far better organised too, don't think Brora will have the walkover I was expecting.

• 2 weeks later...