Clach info

welshbairn

1 hour ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

I'm thinking of going to Clach v Fort William on Saturday. I'm assuming there are seats available? (Running the marathon on the Sunday so nae for standing about for two hours).

Edit : I mean seats in the ground not is it a sell out already!

According to Non-League Scotland their seated stand has 154 seats - http://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/clachnacuddin.htm

I was at a game against Cove a couple of years ago and there was plenty of available seats which was good as it was a pretty horrible day weather wise.  

I'm thinking of going to Clach v Fort William on Saturday. I'm assuming there are seats available? (Running the marathon on the Sunday so nae for standing about for two hours).

Edit : I mean seats in the ground not is it a sell out already!

You'd easily get a seat. It might be a quid extra.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
18 hours ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

Proper scrappy old school well fought result from Clach today. Would have settled for a point but to nick it at the end was magic. Hopefully a good summer ahead under new management and the club will be heading in the right direction.

This season has been a rebuilding exercise after an awful start. Showed how much we relied on Daniel Maclennan up front last season. Think we've been a bit unlucky not to pick up more points, but it looks encouraging for next season with the introduction of a few promising younger players.

Thought Buckie were the better side in general but at no point were Clach outplayed. Probably didn't deserve three points but after a poor season they'll definently take it. Thought the save in the first half by the Buckie keeper from the set piece was excellent, thought it was a goal for sure.

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

This season has been a rebuilding exercise after an awful start. Showed how much we relied on Daniel Maclennan up front last season. Think we've been a bit unlucky not to pick up more points, but it looks encouraging for next season with the introduction of a few promising younger players.

Is he still at Clach? Always looked better then average when I’ve seen him play

14 minutes ago, PRS said:

I thought he was from Beauly! 

Might well have been but he worked in Australia before for a spell. Hope he's keeping up with his football over there, a few of years of legs in him I would have thought.

Might well have been but he worked in Australia before for a spell. Hope he's keeping up with his football over there, a few of years of legs in him I would have thought.
Seemingly played with Bulleen Lions of the top tier in Victoria last season (state leagues runs Feb to October).

23 hours ago, Comrie said:

MacLennan always looked alright from what I saw, held the ball up well, decent first touch but zero pace. Couldn't stretch teams.

He didn't pussy about in front of goal, direct and physically powerful. That's what I liked about him.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

He didn't pussy about in front of goal, direct and physically powerful. That's what I liked about him.

Was there not another lad up front for Clach last season who looked like a bouncer who'd put on a football top? Could barely run or control the ball but looked like he could eat the opposition.

8 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Was there not another lad up front for Clach last season who looked like a bouncer who'd put on a football top? Could barely run or control the ball but looked like he could eat the opposition.

Giant Polish guy who used to play for Wick, and used to travel down for games and training? Can't remember his name but he looked like a giraffe with the ball at his feet. Loads of enthusiasm though, think he's gone back to Poland.

On 20/02/2019 at 13:43, TheScarf said:

I think Daniel MacLennan is from Fort Augustus is he not?

Around there for sure, played shinty for Glengarry. Good shinty player too, although hindered by trying to beat the opposition himself.