Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I completely get that, but the original point was that Gerrard had the upper hand in matches vs Celtic which I don't think can really be disputed. His record against Celtic is P12, W7, D1, L4 with 16 goals scored to only 9 conceded. So yeah, the results do matter, and Gerrard got them most of the time.

But the bold Albus said on the previous page that form goes oot the windae in OF (deid) games. So we’d have won them both imo :whistle

Just now, Henrik's tongue said:

But the bold Albus said on the previous page that form goes oot the windae in OF (deid) games. So we’d have won them both imo :whistle

Haha, I personally don't think we'd have won the league, I was just wading in with some statistics whilst being bored at work.

6 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

They dropped points in one game from January where as Rangers had dropped points in five games including losing three.  You really think they would lose 2 to your mob and then draw or lose a couple of games and your mob win every single game? 

If you feel it wasn't fair enough, I understand that as you're a supporter of that team but the rest of us could see Celtc was pissing the title. 

You're just repeating yourself now. 

Stranger things have definitely happened in football. If we had played even 1 OF and won then it's a different set of circumstances completely. To say definitely what would've happened is impossible either way. 

13 minutes ago, AJF said:

I completely get that, but the original point was that Gerrard had the upper hand in matches vs Celtic which I don't think can really be disputed. His record against Celtic is P12, W7, D1, L4 with 16 goals scored to only 9 conceded. So yeah, the results do matter, and Gerrard got them most of the time.

Also misleading since that record includes the 3 wins from the 20/21 season and the win from earlier this season so at the end of season 19/20 he had still lost more of these games than he had won

So at the time we are discussing he had no upper hand

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Stranger things have definitely happened in football. If we had played even 1 OF and won then it's a different set of circumstances completely. To say definitely what would've happened is impossible either way. 

Shame you didn’t have that crystal ball in 2012 eh?

54 minutes ago, AJF said:

It's weird logic claiming Celtic overturned a 25 point deficit when that points gap is reset at the start of the following season 😂

Celtic actually started this season ahead of Rangers due to alphabetical order. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Celtic actually started this season ahead of Rangers due to alphabetical order. 

Despicable how the SPFL gave them every advantage possible in order to topple us.

12 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Fair play.  Stranger things have happened, yes.  But just like when Celtc went to Ibrox and won in April the rest of us could see the league was all over.   We got treated harsher (pushed down a place) no point greetin' about it though as people, many people were dying at the same time. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

19 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Shame you didn’t have that crystal ball in 2012 eh?

That's a cute way of bowing out. Needs more sevco though.

9 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Fair play.  Stranger things have happened, yes.  But just like when Celtc went to Ibrox and won in April the rest of us could see the league was all over.   We got treated harsher (pushed down a place) no point greetin' about it though as people, many people were dying at the same time. 

I don't think disagreeing with your framing is the same as "greeting" about it. 

We can agree to disagree on the likelihood of what would have happened. 

1 minute ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

That's a cute way of bowing out. Needs more sevco though.

I don't think disagreeing with your framing is the same as "greeting" about it. 

We can agree to disagree on the likelihood of what would have happened. 

Your likelihood is based on some kind of fairytale though :lol: I would say it's derailing the thread but suggesting it was realistically possible winning the league in 19/20 is extremely laughable. 

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I didn’t bow out mate i won. 

Calm down Walter White.

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

Your likelihood is based on some kind of fairytale though :lol: I would say it's derailing the thread but suggesting it was realistically possible winning the league in 19/20 is extremely laughable. 

You're right we shouldn't actually even play football, the favourites always win. 

If you told me at the start of the season Rangers would reach the Europa final I'd have laughed. 

Just now, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Calm down Walter White.

You're right we shouldn't actually even play football, the favourites always win. 

If you told me at the start of the season Rangers would reach the Europa final I'd have laughed. 

That's probably because you didn't imagine being pumped in the Champions League qualifiers off Malmo home and away in all fairness. 

R.d6823e1ee81e6dddf805724da379d14a?rik=M

37 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I didn’t bow out mate i won. 

The hero celtic deserves. 

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

Rangers had dropped points from January to March (end January start March) in 5 games (lost 3) and had been pumped off bottom of the league Hearts in the Scottish.

Celtic won 10 games out 11, drew against Livingston.  The league was well over.  It realistically saved Gerrards job the league ending early. 

If they were so confident, they wouldn't have fought so hard for their "fair and reasonable solution".

1 minute ago, bennett said:

The hero celtic deserves. 

If they were so confident, they wouldn't have fought so hard for their "fair and reasonable solution".

Why not?  It was the fair and reasonable solution?   We dropped a place because of it but it was the best outcome to save clubs going further into financial shite. 

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Why not?  It was the fair and reasonable solution?   We dropped a place because of it but it was the best outcome to save clubs going further into financial shite. 

Well hearts getting demoted made it fair and reasonable for you tbf.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Well hearts getting demoted made it fair and reasonable for you tbf.

f**k Hearts.  They fairly got relegated.  I'm more concerned about my own club.  Hearts going down financially didn't assist us, neither did dropping a league place but for the greater good I'm glad it didn't mean any clubs doing a Rangers (going bust).