Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

Tens of millions thrown at it by umpteen various bampots and still a light year away from being a mid top division team with only 2 bottom division championships to show for it. Gretna and Livi put this shambles to shame !

Yes, we got found out by a well organised St Johnstone team. Light years away? I don't think so.

Top six.

I would love that to be the case.

Should Rangers get up and then piss about in mid-table, it will be fascinating. I think the fan revolt will be bigger than anything we've yet seen.

If Rangers are nowhere near challenging and are as likely to lose games as to win them, gates will suffer and the outrage will be palpable.

Right from the outset in 2012, I've said that the real test will come if Rangers reach a stage where they lose on a frequent basis. Despite them being pretty poor for much of the last three seasons, that's not yet happened.

I would love that to be the case. Should Rangers get up and then piss about in mid-table, it will be fascinating. I think the fan revolt will be bigger than anything we've yet seen. If Rangers are nowhere near challenging and are as likely to lose games as to win them, gates will suffer and the outrage will be palpable. Right from the outset in 2012, I've said that the real test will come if Rangers reach a stage where they lose on a frequent basis. Despite them being pretty poor for much of the last three seasons, that's not yet happened.

Any team that under-performs will see attendances suffer and fans outraged.

It seems whatever happens with the Rangers, you will be fascinated.

Yes but to Rangers fans, under-performing means losing more than 3 or 4 games in a season. Not necessarily the same as a St Johnstone (just to take a random example :) ) fan would think.

I'll be fascinated until we get subjected again to the duopoly. At that point, I'll lose interest.

Of course all sides get better gates when performing well. The point I'm making however, is that despite all the talk of loyalty, Rangers fans are essentially glory hunters. The prospect of them being genuinely ordinary and average in a league - the sort of experience fans of most clubs are familiar with, will be difficult for lots of Rangers fans to handle in my view.

At least the journey contained countless unfair fights. That, I think, is how a great many OF fans like their football.