Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, I'd do away with the distinction.  Are you sure Catholic schools out-perform the others?  I take it you mean in terms of academic attainment?  I thought they were much of a muchness these days.  The biggest factors there are clearly socio-economic.

Anyway, in a nod to the thread, can we all laugh at when Rangers lost at home to Annan please?

You started with segregation now you've moved on to distinction,what distinction to schools that are open to all monkey?
Unless you have a problem with kids taking their holy communion.

25 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You started with segregation now you've moved on to distinction,what distinction to schools that are open to all monkey?

med_1429630928_image.jpg

40 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

My own one was on the day of the infamous Peru game, so I kind of do have a problem.  I don't really see a role for schools in arranging such things now though.

The distinction lies in the designation of schools.

The segregation between children is entailed by the distinction.

If it's really the free-for-all you claim, then what's the point?

ETA: Remember when they led Alloa in the Challenge Cup semi by two goals to nil, yet still contrived to lose.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

If it's really the free-for-all you claim, then what's the point?

I would guess it's down to numbers monkey, I think 15% in Scotland are Catholic there for we have 15% of schools are Catholic.
I was in Seville when my daughter made hers bad Dad.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I would guess it's down to numbers monkey, I think 15% in Scotland are Catholic there for we have 15% of schools are Catholic.

Yes, but if they're all really as fully integrated as you suggest, why bother designating certain schools differently?

Who can forget the gazebo at the AGM? 

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

They're not fully integrated though.  Not many kids from practising Catholic families will attend non-denominational schools.  

The fact that state schools can have identities such as RC, is the issue being discussed.  

I assume you have personal knowledge / stats to back this up?

In Drumchapel they closed the only RC secondary school, St Pius, so parents had a choice of sending their children to the non-denom school in Drumchapel, or getting them bussed to Clydebank. I think a lot of them chose to send them to the non-denom and imagine this will have been the case throughout Glasgow, where there were school closures.

My oldest 2 went to RC schools, my 2 youngest went to non-denom schools. The only sectarian issue was the 2 going to non-denom school being called ****** B's, due to their support of Celtic (ironically, they were probably the only kids in the school who were regular church attenders - COS).

RC schools / segregation is not the problem - the problem lies with the ignorant who have a hatred of catholicism and until that changes, or the government of this "great wee country" decides to actually act on this bigotry, we will always have a problem.

As an aside, the OO have actively infiltrated the Scottish Labour party, in order to have a say in the number of marches allowed and the continuation of catholic schools - organised bigotry?

16 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, but if they're all really as fully integrated as you suggest, why bother designating certain schools differently?

Who can forget the gazebo at the AGM? 

I would guess the Ethos monkey, I just don't see the problem here and why do you see them as different?

Edited by wastecoatwilly

12 minutes ago, justinjest said:

I assume you have personal knowledge / stats to back this up?

In Drumchapel they closed the only RC secondary school, St Pius, so parents had a choice of sending their children to the non-denom school in Drumchapel, or getting them bussed to Clydebank. I think a lot of them chose to send them to the non-denom and imagine this will have been the case throughout Glasgow, where there were school closures.

My oldest 2 went to RC schools, my 2 youngest went to non-denom schools. The only sectarian issue was the 2 going to non-denom school being called ****** B's, due to their support of Celtic (ironically, they were probably the only kids in the school who were regular church attenders - COS).

RC schools / segregation is not the problem - the problem lies with the ignorant who have a hatred of catholicism and until that changes, or the government of this "great wee country" decides to actually act on this bigotry, we will always have a problem.

As an aside, the OO have actively infiltrated the Scottish Labour party, in order to have a say in the number of marches allowed and the continuation of catholic schools - organised bigotry?

A fair bit of personal insight actually.  What do you want me to back up with stats exactly?

Once more, I'm not suggesting that the schools are the sole source of the problem.  I don't see them as helpful though. 

Cammy Bell punching it into his own net.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I would guess the Ethos monkey, I just don't see the problem here and why do you see them as different?

Explain how ethos might differ please.

Stirling Albion beating them when their manager was at a wedding.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A fair bit of personal insight actually.  What do you want me to back up with stats exactly?

Once more, I'm not suggesting that the schools are the sole source of the problem.  I don't see them as helpful though. 

Cammy Bell punching it into his own net.

You made a sweeping statement, just wondered if you had some personal knowledge / stats on this.

I'll repeat what I stated earlier - there is no great level of sectarianism in England or Wales, where Catholic schools are plentiful and indeed highly regarded. The only issues with sectarianism is in Scotland and N.I. , where we have a large anti-catholic population - that is the problem, nothing to do with the schools, otherwise England & Wales (and the rest of Europe) would have the same issues.

7 minutes ago, justinjest said:

You made a sweeping statement, just wondered if you had some personal knowledge / stats on this.

I'll repeat what I stated earlier - there is no great level of sectarianism in England or Wales, where Catholic schools are plentiful and indeed highly regarded. The only issues with sectarianism is in Scotland and N.I. , where we have a large anti-catholic population - that is the problem, nothing to do with the schools, otherwise England & Wales (and the rest of Europe) would have the same issues.

How do you measure the problems England and Wales have to them in Scotland M8?

15 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Do you not know what Ethos means monkey it's common sense M8.

Yes.  Yes I do.

Now explain what might meaningfully distinguish the ethos in a Catholic school from one you'd be likely to encounter in a non-denominational one please.  I suspect very similar values would be promoted in each case.

Raith Rovers beating them in a Challenge Cup final. 

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes.  Yes I do.

Now explain what might meaningfully distinguish the ethos in a Catholic school from one you'd be likely to encounter in a non-denominational one please.  I suspect very similar values would be promoted in each case.

Raith Rovers beating them in a Challenge Cup final. 

I've been debating with you that there is very little difference, Yet you want them closed first on segregation second on distinction and now on Ethos.
I think you agree there is very little difference monkey so there is no problem with keeping them open. 

9 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I've been debating with you that there is very little difference, Yet you want them closed first on segregation second on distinction and now on Ethos.
I think you agree there is very little difference monkey so there is no problem with keeping them open. 

Ok there's very little difference so let's keep the different schools (faith & non-dom)open which creates an  'otherness' and difference which in reality doesn't exist while at the same time duplicating administration costs, staff costs, building costs.  Begs the question , what is the point of faith schools paid for out of general taxation ? Make all schools secular where all religions and none are taught and given equal respect in Religious Education classes. If it's Religious Instruction (or indoctronation ) you require then that is the job of the Rabbi, Minister, Imam, Priest, Vicar etc on the Sabbath day of your choice.