Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

5 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Very narrow minded post M8, we live in a multicultural cosmopolitan society taking away the choice to understand and have religious education in schools would put our kids and grand kids at a disadvantage later in life,i'm not religious myself but still see the need for it in schools.
What the hell it's got to do about laughing at sevco i've no idea. 

Of course religion should be taught in schools. Nobody is suggesting otherwise.

The question relates to segregating pupils along such lines.

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Of course religion should be taught in schools. Nobody is suggesting otherwise.

The question relates to segregating pupils along such lines.

FFS, the guy I replied to did monkey,what segregating are you posting about?

Edited by wastecoatwilly

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

FFS, the guy I replied to did monkey,what segregating are you posting about?

In fairness, he actually did a bit, so you can have that one Willy.

However, the discussion up to then, was about the concept of faith schools, specifically RC ones.  Some of us don't see a need for them.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

In fairness, he actually did a bit, so you can have that one Willy.

However, the discussion up to then, was about the concept of faith schools, specifically RC ones.  Some of us don't see a need for them.

Im sure there is still some schools with just Catholics or wee frees in them but most schools in Glasgow are integrated M8. 

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

Im sure there is still some schools with just Catholics or wee frees in them but most schools in Glasgow are integrated M8. 

They're not fully integrated though.  Not many kids from practising Catholic families will attend non-denominational schools.  

The fact that state schools can have identities such as RC, is the issue being discussed.  

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

They're not fully integrated though.  Not many kids from practising Catholic families will attend non-denominational schools.  

The fact that state schools can have identities such as RC, is the issue being discussed.  

Do you have the figures and why is it a problem?

18 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Do you have the figures and why is it a problem?

No I don't have figures regarding it.

The problem is that it cements otherwise barely perceptible differences between children in a setting that requires no such thing.  It 'others' people.

I can honestly see no need for it and I struggle to see what good comes of it.  I think it would be problematic to dismantle, but also that it utterly belongs to a bygone age.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No I don't have figures regarding it.

The problem is that it cements otherwise barely perceptible differences between children in a setting that requires no such thing.  It 'others' people.

I can honestly see no need for it and I struggle to see what good comes of it.  I think it would be problematic to dismantle, but also that it utterly belongs to a bygone age.

So what are you saying they should be shut even thou they're out performing non-dom schools with integration in both?

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Pretty sure you were one of the Loyal saying that Scott Wright wasn’t good enough for Rangers up until a week ago.

I've probably gave him a mixture of praise and criticism,  like fitba fans tend to do.

16 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Pretty sure you were one of the Loyal saying that Scott Wright wasn’t good enough for Rangers up until a week ago.

I've probably been the most vocally critical of him. I'm yet to be convinced on him, too often his second touch is reacting to his poor first touch. He gave away a lot of possession in the Europa final but did a lot better in the cup game. 

If he can eliminate the errors from his game then he could be a very useful player for us. Definitely has the raw attributes you'd look for in a player. His finish in the final was exquisite. 

42 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

So what are you saying they should be shut even thou they're out performing non-dom schools with integration in both?

Yes, I'd do away with the distinction.  Are you sure Catholic schools out-perform the others?  I take it you mean in terms of academic attainment?  I thought they were much of a muchness these days.  The biggest factors there are clearly socio-economic.

Anyway, in a nod to the thread, can we all laugh at when Rangers lost at home to Annan please?

48 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Guys, the thread. Think about the thread. 

You're right.  I'm sorry.

Can we discuss other things so long as we bring up a hilarious occasion from the banter years, like someone flying abroad but trying to offset the footprint by planting a tree?