Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I hear this a lot when it comes to catholic schools

First to bust a few myths.

They’re not only for Catholics, they’re open to all and you’re not forced to participate in anything religious 

My class had a mix of Catholics, Muslims and Sikhs. 

They do teach tolerance and respect towards people of other faiths, You’d be encouraged to show respect to all

I don’t believe they’re unnecessary, simply because in this country we have annual anti catholic marches.

If you want to discuss closing down catholic schools you’d need to first stop the hate marches 

I went to both catholic and a non dom schools, take a guess what schools I got abused in for my religion

It wasn’t something I experienced before I moved schools, but as soon as they hear what school you attend or your surname, it can make you a target for abuse.

It wasn’t nice, and it’s totally tolerated in this country.

so yeah one of the reasons catholic send the kids to catholic schools is so they don’t need to suffer the abuse they suffered.

No child deserves that. 

Thanks, but I wasn't actually harbouring any of the myths you seem to think I need busting.

The Catholic  secondary school in Dumfries, for instance - the one with the grounds in which Brother Walfrid whiles away eternity - has a non-Catholic intake of around 72%.

The bit about people being targeted for abuse on account of the school they attended, surely supports rather than challenges what I'm saying, no?

On 20/05/2022 at 09:29, Jinky67 said:

It really it is a dose of karma for the Rangers fans considering how much fun they had torturing Duffy last year.

Ramsey however has to be the most expensive and high profile failure ever to play in our league whoever at Rangers sanctioned this needs their baws toed 

Ramsey missed a penalty in a Europa league final 

Duffy was running into his own players and being made to look like a total diddy by St mirren players at parkhead 

The two players are not really comparable  . If anything Celtic could have probably been doing with Duffy being as injury prone as Ramsey 

Edited by Forever_blueco

14 hours ago, justinjest said:

Catholic schools are highly regarded in England - waiting lists etc - and funnily enough, no serious sectarian issues there. Why is that, if it's teh schools that are the problem, surely England would have the same issues as Scotland?

The problem isn't the schools / segregation, it's intolerance of others / ignorance and a "great wee country" scared to actually tackle the problem.

Intolerance and ignorance are of course the problem. The issue here is what in our society fans the flames of this problem ?  Faith schools that by their very nature divide children along religious lines really have no place in a supposedly modern, forward thinking Scotland. The state should only fund secular schooling.  It is not the purpose of a school to do the job of a church, synagogue or mosque.

IMO

If my tax money is to go towards giving kids a good education, then that is exactly how I want it to be spent. By them all going to a high quality schools and having a quality education. 

If you want to teach your kids about religion or bring them up following your religion, do it outwith school in your own time and at your own expense.

On 19/05/2022 at 15:53, Clown Job said:

What’s wrong with hating the head of state exactly?

She’s not exactly a protected minority, although she does like to protect some questionable characters.

Nah, you’re either telling lies or wilfully ignorant.

Next you’ll be blaming the schools 

You do know the pope is a head of state aswell and the queen is also the head of Church of England . 

So where is the line drawn . Why is it perfectly ok to be against one in your opinion and not the other ? Or is it ok to be against both in your honourable opinion ?

Edited by Forever_blueco

I taught at a Catholic School in Dundee which was weird (not being one). 

It all went rather sour when I said to another teacher…

‘You don’t believe in all this bollocks do you!?’

‘Yes I do. I go to church every Sunday’. 

Jennifer Lawrence Oops GIF

1 hour ago, Dosser1886 said:

IMO

If my tax money is to go towards giving kids a good education, then that is exactly how I want it to be spent. By them all going to a high quality schools and having a quality education. 

If you want to teach your kids about religion or bring them up following your religion, do it outwith school in your own time and at your own expense.

Very narrow minded post M8, we live in a multicultural cosmopolitan society taking away the choice to understand and have religious education in schools would put our kids and grand kids at a disadvantage later in life,i'm not religious myself but still see the need for it in schools.
What the hell it's got to do about laughing at sevco i've no idea. 

4 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

Ramsey missed a penalty in a Europa league final 

Duffy was running into his own players and being made to look like a total diddy by St mirren players at parkhead 

The two players are not really comparable  . If anything Celtic could have probably been doing with Duffy being as injury prone as Ramsey 

They were both failures. End of story.

24 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Very narrow minded post M8, we live in a multicultural cosmopolitan society taking away the choice to understand and have religious education in schools would put our kids and grand kids at a disadvantage later in life,i'm not religious myself but still see the need for it in schools.
What the hell it's got to do about laughing at sevco i've no idea. 

Where has anyone proposed removing religious education from the curriculum ? A truly cosmopolitan & multicultural society would teach children of parents of all faiths and none about all faiths and none in the same school and leave religious, racial and cultural segregation in the dustbin of history where it belongs.

15 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Shane duffy’s weekly antics got me through a lockdown so I will always have a special place in my heart for him 

We were pretty much out of lockdown when that season started and he barely kicked a ball if at all during the second lockdown.

So aye sounds like pish again

32 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

We were pretty much out of lockdown when that season started and he barely kicked a ball if at all during the second lockdown.

So aye sounds like pish again

You do remember we were back in lockdown in January ?

St mirren beating Celtic 2-1 was probably peak Duffy 

Edited by Forever_blueco

5 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

You do remember we were back in lockdown in January ?

St mirren beating Celtic 2-1 was probably peak Duffy 

Celtic overturning a 25 point deficit is peak Rangers tbh.