Red Dwarf X

~~~

Another decent episode I thought. Again the first half wasn't as good as the second. We even got a bit of a background on Rimmer and Lister has apparently had his spleen out again :P

Depends if the naobots remade it in Season 7 when they gave him his new arm.

I thought it was the reverse of the other episodes from this series with the opening 15 mins being pretty good for a change. After the break was pretty poor though and the ending was predictable.

The over use of brick jokes, mentioned on the red dwarf forum, is starting to get really annoying. A brick joke has the setup early on and pays off later in the episode. The moose joke in the first one was good but most of the others haven't been great and I am now expecting the setup to be the start of each episode now.

It's nowhere near as good as the likes of Quarantine, showing right after this episode, but I've still enjoyed watching them so far.

Quite enjoyed that episode. Some of the jokes did go on too long but I liked the way they mentioned the cliffhanger to series 8. Was also a significant change to Rimmer's character and would be interesting to see if he develops into Ace Rimmer from there.

The series has been getting decent viewing figures and reviews so hopefully they'll bring it back for another series.

• 10 months later...

I recently bought all the first eight series on DVD for not that much:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Red-Dwarf-Series-1-8-DVD/dp/B002N7HXIK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379179315&sr=8-1&keywords=red+dwarf+complete+collection

I've got Red Dwarf X on Blu Ray and also the 'Return to Earth' on Blu Ray which is series 9 even though it was only broadcast as three episodes.

Interesting to see when each episode was first broadcast:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Red_Dwarf_episodes

I thought the latest series was pretty good - especially the final episode with the Simulants. They only truly lost the plot when they brought the old crew back, although the Chloe Arnott or whatever she's called Kolchanski was also pretty annoying.

The Polymorph & Kennedy assassination episodes were my two favourites.

I thought the latest series was pretty good - especially the final episode with the Simulants. They only truly lost the plot when they brought the old crew back, although the Chloe Arnott or whatever she's called Kolchanski was also pretty annoying.

The Polymorph & Kennedy assassination episodes were my two favourites.

Chloe is a total ride, though.

Polymorph episode is genius.

I'll go against the grain, and (probably controversially) say that the Kennedy episode didn't work - trying too hard to be clever and poignant, imo.

To be fair it was never the same after the writers split, 4, 5 and 6 were great seasons tho there was good episodes littered around the other seasons as well. I remember saying this even when season 7 started (I used to be a massive RD fanboy) that it lost it was as it tried to focus more on the special effects and then reintroducing KK (which was due to them looking to make a film which never happened) just killed it for me

Season 10 really killed it for me, a couple of the episodes I watched without even laughing once which is just criminal. I really hope they just leave it alone now

Chloe is a total ride, though.

True, but like Nicola "Peri" Bryant in Doctor Who she was a complete TR7 - ie. looked amazingly rideable but in reality gave shit performance.

They'd have got away with bringing back Kolchanski had it been Clare Grogan, but she was by that stage CPGroganing her way up her own arse so Arnott got the gig. You could see a slob like Lister going after a skinny nippy sweetie like the original Kolchanski, but not the Mk2 version. Too posh & too self obsessed for someone like Lister to like, let alone love. He'd have sooner stuck with shagging that gelf!